Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-19-2006, 07:24 AM

Default Plug In Bundles???

Ok so I posted yesterday about getting my iLOK working and whatnot. I finally got it set up.

Here's the biggest question of them all:

Why does it say on the MBox Mini package it comes with Pro-Tools LE 7.1.1 and bundled plug in software to use and it somewhat negates that it's free. I found out on my other post that the plug ins are just installers and that I would actually have to purchase each and every plug in after the trial date has expired. What's up with that Digi-Design????

I thought they were a free add-on to my well spent money to your company. So does this mean that every plug in that's on the discs are not free at all?? I'm a little lost here.... Also... How do I find the authorization numbers to get the plug ins working?? I tried the internet connection, but your site doesn't allow that anymore for some odd reason.
Pro Tools 10.3.7 - 11.1.2
6GB RAM
Universal Audio Apollo Quad!!!
Eleven Rack
Focusrite Octopre MKII
Yamaha HS80s
Rockit RP5 Monitors w/ RP10 sub
Old 12-19-2006, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Plug In Bundles???

The basic DigiRack plugins are included with all ProTools systems.
In addition, others may be included:

Some of the plugins are free, full versions - such as the Bomb Factory plugins.

Some of the included plugins are free, somewhat limited versions of popular software, such as Reason Adapted, Ableton Live Lite, BFD Lite. These are useful plugins, they don't expire, and they also get you access to discounted upgrades to the full versions.

There may also be time-limited demos of other plugins included, possibly with the option to buy at a discount.

Overall, I think the setup is a little bit deceptive, since there's little or nothing included which is a full version that you'd actually pay money for, and the discounts might not be better than you could get by carefully shopping around.