Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-20-2010, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Factory 03 not responding after 80.4 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANJAR TERATAI CAPUNG View Post
here in bali 804 with 003 working excellence - but funny if i used for non pt - on display always mention welcome pt - before just mention working -reaper - acid sound forge - wave lab - reason - record - fl-ableton all working with 003 - rewire or stand alone -but do not used play\stop button - system will glicth - i think we need hyper map like axiom for 003 -so we can used 003 as multi controller- note all working on xp quad core 6600

Forget the 003, is all of Bali as beautiful as I've seen on TV? If so you're already living in paradise and have nothing to complain about. I'd live to visit someday. Heck, I'll even hook-up your 003!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by converted View Post
I think the new AVID drivers are not very good!!

I just loaded sound forge and selected the avid drivers and the play scroll stopped working!

If I switch back to my motherboard onboard soundmax (asus M2n ) drivers everthing workes well
If the 003 is your playback device in Control Panel, change your playback device in Sound Forge to the Microsoft Sound Mapper. SF will still play through the 003 and scrolling will be normal.
Access Virus TI Polar :: M-Audio Profire 2626 :: UAD-2 Duo :: UAD-1
Old 08-11-2010, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Your FireWire controller is one that's known to be incompatible with Pro Tools. You should get a compatible card with a TI (Texas Instruments) chipset. If this was working before - you were very lucky!

ok, coming back to this after a while since I've only just found time to try resolve the issue.

Ok taking onboard your comments I purchased a Texas Instruments firewire card.

Did it make any differnce? No

1: have the same issues with 80.4 with the new firewire card.
1 when protools is running, if you loop around a section of a track the 003 freezes. The software continues to play ok but the 003 has to be re powered on / off and PT re started(all too time consuming)

2: If i try t0 update the firmware on the 003 by holdling down Aux 7/8 & mute whilst powring up and then launch PT , PT can't find the hardware.

Please note all of these issues were not present untill the 80.4 update. update 3 works fine, the other updates also work fine.

What now?? I honestly never beleived it was an isue with the Onbaord firewire.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:04 PM

Oh Man Converted! I wish i had caught you before you bought that card. The funny thing is i tried the recommended card by Avid before 8.04 and it worked like crap. I did not have any issues just wanted to see if it were a partner of Avid in the money chain. I winded up throwing that crap in the trash and reenabled my onboard firewire. I would have saved you some money and told you don't listen to them because obviously they don't test squat. Does it even make sense? There is no such thing as luck in the computer world.Either it works or not. Plenty users have the same firewire chipset you have and it worked fine until 8.04. So like you i don't understand the logic behind all these flipping Sandra reports. It is quite clear that these drivers were rushed and not tested by Avid. It is also quite clear that i have to move to a mac because with all the cop outs you can tell Avid has no intention of solving these issues. What is wrong with admitting there is a problem and they are working on a solution. The bloody drivers have a problem with the 003 mixer for crying out loud. Dang!

www.myspace.com/waynedawkins
Old 08-12-2010, 12:18 AM

+! - 003 intermittent - on and off - but operation just fine - always hang on fist session except you restart and load pt again - digi support promised new upgrade sooooon- i thing problem on asio driver and wave driver
Old 08-12-2010, 04:05 AM
Banned

I really like how the new drivers are universal,

For example i can play audio / video from the net through the 003 without having to switch back to my onboard sound card.

Apart from that its stuffed,

The new drivers simply don't work or haven't been tested correctly.

ARE AVID GOING TO TRY FIX IT OR MAKE EVERYONE WAIT UNTILL 8.05 IS RELEASED?

REMEMBER THAT 80.4 WAS THE LAST UPDATE FOR XP
. I use XP have have no reason to switch to Win 7 just because of AVID>

DO you think the board admin will make this a sticky??
Old 08-12-2010, 04:22 AM

Hi Converted,
I'm having the same troubles as you with the 003 Factory, and maybe even worse, I've had quite a few blue screens of death.
I paid $2,600 Australian, and I am just tired of it. I have been on the phone to support and emailing them every single day for the last 2 weeks, and I am no closer to a solution really.

I have lost faith in the control panel concept, even if they gave me a 'new' one or 'fixed' it for me, in the back of my mind I would have that fear that is eventually going to malfunction again. I wish I had bought the rack, and saved at least $700, and had something that JUST WORKED.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Banned

agent003

try un installing PT8.

Re install , update 80.1 and then update to 80.3.
(note you shouldn't need to re install any of your plug ins)

you shouldn't have any issues then.

I'm not sure of your set up or computer motherboard but my Asus onboard 1394 works fine.

You can try a Firewire card that they recommend with an TI chipset.
These ones from Belkin are quite cheaply priced http://www.inta-audio.com/music-pc-s...-chipset-p2036

But i would forget 80.4 its just not happening with the 003
Old 08-12-2010, 12:33 PM

FWIW, I'm experiencing the same issue with an 002. Buttons, faders, everything on the 002 just inop since update to 8.0.4. Application runs fine and can control the buttons/faders on the 002, but not the opposite.

PT 8.0.4 runs fine on the same laptop with Mbox2.

Need to try rolling back to 8.0.3...just need to find the time.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Avid

I've been looking into this and have been unable to repro on our test systems here. I also checked with both the beta teams about this and none of them encountered the problem, so we're still looking toward it being a system specific issue.

As you can see from this thread, there's a lot of 'it's happening to me', but very little in the way of actual information about troubleshooting that's been tried. I would like to solve this, but we need to find someone that's having the problem who is willing to work directly with me on a solution.

If you are experiencing this problem and have decent troubleshooting skills (mainly meaning you can follow instructions to the letter), please contact me directly at:

vi [at] digidesign [dot] com

Please include your Sandra report in the email you send as well as a complete itemization of any troubleshooting steps you've done from this Knowledgebase article:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=349411

In the subject of the email, please include this thread number (277655).

Thanks in advance for your help!