Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 04:39 AM

Default Song Start - Can\'t spot to timecode

Hello, I'm using PT67cs8 /002/ with the DV toolkit. I need to be able to spot the Song Start marker to specific timecode frames, but for some reason, this functionality is not provided. However, in TDM, I believe it is, and my understanding is that DV toolkit is supposed to provide all the same essential timecode functionality in LE. So why not this basic function?

Could someone at Digi please address this and let me know if this is perhaps a bug or a feature oversight...? If so, how quickly can it be addressed?

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2005, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Song Start - Can\'t spot to timecode

works perfectly for me.

what have you tried before i suggest things you may already have done?
Old 03-03-2005, 07:07 AM

I go to the menubar MIDI:Move Song Start

In the Timebase popup menu, only minutes/second, samples, and bars are available options. Timecode is not available.

Please tell me how you do it. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:18 AM

when you installed the ProTools did you then run the installer for the DVToolkit?

It sounds like you might have missed an install or two.

Its a separate install operation, and you'll need to have your iLok plugged into the computer as well.

If memory serves, you need to install the DVToolkit, VocalignLE and DINR as separate installs. These then get validated when you start up ProTools. Once they're installed, if you start up without the ilok, you'll get a pop-up saying the ilok is missing and you can either plug it in or continue with the extras unavailble until the ilok is.

I also might have misunderstood your initial request - i don't work in midi, and thought you were asking a smpte timecode question - my 6.4 PT does not have the midi/move song start button, it could be a 6.7 addition.

With DVToolkit - you should be able to access Bars/Beats, Mins/Secs, Timecode, Feet/Frames, Samples - as your varioustimecode options.

Let me know if this helps.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:24 PM

I appreciate the attempt to help, but I have everything installed properly. I'm talking about functionality that you can't be familiar with if you're not running 6.7.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:28 AM

must be - 6.7 offered no reasons for me to upgrade....but there may be a workaround....

go to the location you need to spot the song to, then switch the display from timecode to bars - make a note of the numbers - then use those numbers to move the midi data.