Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 03-02-2018, 03:06 AM

Default Fast Track C400 and High Sierra bugged

Hello to all members,

First of all sorry if my problem is redundant but I couldn't find any similar thread on the search button before to post this new thread.

here is my problem, I've just updated my OS system to High Sierra. After installing and repair all preferences and proper restart I realize that I couldn't get any sound anymore from my Mac whether I use iTunes, Quick Time player, Garage band but also on the net (You tube videos or on social network):

I try to open the Sound Preferences Menu but it crashed all the time. After several attempts and cleaning and repair with Onyx or the new Disk Utility from the system I had a look on the crash log and saw that Core Audio was involved.

This is when I decided to simply unplug my Fastrack Audio C400 interface and immediately restored all the functionality of Sound preferences and everything was working again. I bought a new USB cable and plug again my AI and boum the same bug appears again.

I went on to the M-Audio website and check the forums where I was informed that several users had the same trouble and also that the Fastrack C400 was not any longer supported by M-Audio but by Avid.

I download the new Avid Fast Track C400 driver 1.2.12 released in February 2018 but again as soon as I plug in my A.I the same bug is appearing.

Anyone has a clue how to solve this before to buy a new Interface if nothings work
Old 04-02-2018, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Fast Track C400 and High Sierra bugged

I am having the identical problem.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Fast Track C400 and High Sierra bugged

1 uninstall the driver
2 delete the kext file - system/library/extensions/M-audioC400 kinda file
to do that you may need to disable SIP - google that
3 install the driver again and you should be good to go

NB: The catch is that this (.kext) file is sometimes not deleted during the uninstall process, causing troubles later on (well, at least it did to me

Last edited by Darmay; 05-23-2018 at 01:43 AM.