Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 11:18 AM

Default Re: ILock Key

Quote:
My Mbox 2 Pro already came with this stuff
No, it didn't. You really aren't understanding.

The MBox 2 Pro comes in two different packages; one is the plain version that comes with only the stock plugins (that's the one you have purchased), and one is the factory bundle which includes some of the plugins you are inquiring about and costs more. Do you understand?

If you wanted the factory bundle, you should have purchased the factory bundle. Do you understand?

The installers for many of these plugins are included on the installer disks for the convenience of people who already own them. Just because the installer for the plugin is included on the disk, does not mean that the actual plugin is included with the package that you paid for. Do you understand?

This has been explained to you in this thread several times. I'm not sure why you aren't understanding.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 04-04-2007, 11:58 AM

I understand now but i didnt undetsand before, becouse i see it stupid to include plug ins inside that i can not use. It doesent say anywere in the box that i can not use these pluggins, it tells me to get authorization for them, On the box it selfs it sayd includes, Bomb Factory plugins, I meen just by reading that what would u think? possibly the same as i. I guess i will have to spend 300 to get these plug ins then. Thanks for the info tho.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
On the box it selfs it sayd includes, Bomb Factory plugins,
But... it does include some BombFactory plugins for free. All versions of Pro Tools (including yours) include the following BombFacotry plugins for free:
  • Bomb Factory BF76 Compressor
  • BF Essential Clip Remover
  • BF Essential Correlation Meter
  • BF Essential Meter Bridge
  • BF Essential Noise Meter
  • BF Essential Tuner
  • Funk Logic Mastererizer
These are installed by default with the main Pro Tools application. They are free. They are included. They are BombFactory.
Quote:
I guess i will have to spend 300 to get these plug ins then.
Only if you want them. They are not necessary. They are optional. You can uninstall them.

There are definitely better plugin options available. You can also make really great sounds with the stock plugins that are included for free.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Old 04-04-2007, 01:45 PM

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Atleast i can use my reason sampletank Etc, lol....Question, I dunno if u can answer, My dj has the Mbox2 Factory, He has the Ilock key that came with his factory edition, Does he also have to buy the bundle its self, for 300$? Or does he just obtain the authorizations? If so were would we get the authorizations for his bundle set. We cant seem to get the plug ins to work, i notice that the Auth's need to be on the ilock key, I saw sumthing about a card? with a chip on it. Does that contain the authorizations? Were just confuse, Were pretty new to Digi and how they do there "things"...Im tring to get his studio running on his mac, and everything is fine except for the fact that we dont know how to get the plugins to run
Old 04-04-2007, 04:59 PM

OK. I guess I need to go over this one more time.

The Mbox 2 Pro Factory bundle comes with the following plugins:
  • Moogerfooger® Analog Delay
  • JOEMEEK® SC2T Photo Optical Compressor
  • JOEMEEK VC5T Meequalizer®
  • Cosmonaut Voice
  • Digidesign® Maxim
Those would be the only ones included on the ilok, and any other plugins besides these are not included, have not been purchased, and would require that you actually purchase them.

The authorizations for the plugins on that list are included on the ilok that is included with the factory bundle. The ilok software will need to be installed correctly for it to function properly. Instructions for doing so are covered on the front page of www.ilok.com by following the link to the Quick Start Guide.

Now, there are two different factory bundles; one for the mbox series, and one for the 002 series. Both of those bundle installers are on the Factory Bundle disk. Since, however, your friend purchased the Mbox factory, he only has licenses for the mbox factory. The 002 factory has different plugins included, and if your friend installed the 002 factory, he will not have licenses for those plugins, and will be prompted for them at startup.

All of this could be discerned just by reading a little. Like the installation program's file names for instance? Each installation .exe file (and mac installer) is labeled pretty clearly; one for the 002, a separate one for the mbox. Sounds a lot like you both just installed every .exe file on the disks without even looking at what they were? I know that Pro Tools is an exciting experience, but you might want to slow down there a bit cowboy!

If your "friend" wants the plugins included with the 002 factory bundle, then yes, he will need to purchase them (from the same places I mentioned above).

Understand?

Old 04-04-2007, 05:41 PM

Yeah thats understood, I dont want u to think im stupid, i didnt just install anything on my setup, as far as my stuff goes i was just confused, i had no idea why i would get instalation files if i cant use the plugins unless i purchase them, Just a lil missleading,

But on his setup he installed the plugins on his mac, the correct way also, But even with the ilok key in, the plug ins still dont show up in Pt, Im just gonna have him uninstall and reinstall again. Ohh and not to mention that the authorizations he got were wrong, But i found the answer to that on the digi site
Old 04-04-2007, 09:55 PM

oh maaan spk!

if i could, i'd hand you a little trophy... but you'll have to settle for a little cyber pat on the back.

they call me The Thread Killer