Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2012, 01:47 AM

Default Autotune opens up in 'Bass Inst' when coming from a different rig.

I'm at a studio with a Pro Tools HD3 rig, today I'm on Pro Tools 10 but I think I've seen the same thing happen in PT9.

Someone shows up with a session that came from another studio (no idea what their setup is), and when I pull up the session all of the Autotune plugins that are on the vocals end up set to 'Bass Instrument' and everything immediately sounds weird. I can't just switch the plugin to Soprano or Low Male, the other settings are grayed out. I have to insert a fresh AT plugin and copy/paste the settings.

I would love to know what causes this and if there's an easier work-a-round. My only guess would be a AT version issue or maybe a PT9 to PT10 issue with TDM vs RTAS or something like that. Any help would be appreciated.