Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 02-21-2020, 08:51 AM

Default Cannot use ASIO4ALL V2 Playback Engine. Assertion error line 994. Unable to fix.

I had been using the Pro Tools 2019.12 software while without inconvenience.

However, I had to install an ASIO4ALL driver because my PC only had a Windows Audio Device Playback engine and that one doesn´t allow me to preview video. I cannot enable the video engine with this Windows Audio Device Playback Engine. I need the video playback because I am using Pro Tools for Video Post Production.

Thus, I installed ASIO4ALL and it allowed me to work as I intended. I was Using the ASIO4ALL V2 Playback Engine. Until, unexpectedly and inexplicably, it stopped working. One day, I started my computer up and opened the project that I was working on (as I had been for a while) only to be greeted by this error message:

"Assertion in "E:\ Code\ 238957\ ProTools\ AAE\ Source\ AAX\ CFicAAXWidget.cpp", line 994."

Which prevented me from enabling the ASIO4ALL Playback Engine. Even If I clicked "Ok", the software would present this error message:

"Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0x0000000000000000"

Naturally, I copied this messages and browsed them on the web. And I came across some of your Community Forums, where the only advice I could find was to clear the delete the "Pro Tools" Preferences folder in my computer.

Here I present the links to your Forums which led me to through this process:

https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=405443

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...t-cpp-line-822

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/t...ide#delete_pro

So I deleted my Pro Tools Preferences. Following each of those steps. Then I restarted my computer. I opened Pro Tools again and tried to set ASIO4ALL V2 as the Playback Engine. And the program gave me the same error message:

"Assertion in "E:\ Code\ 238957\ ProTools\ AAE\ Source\ AAX\ CFicAAXWidget.cpp", line 994."

The same problem.

Please help me. I don’t know what else to do. I have tried this solution several times by now, to no avail.

I have even tried uninstalling all of the avid programs from my computer, as well as asio4all; and reinstalling it all over again.

Still the same:

Here are my device´s specifications:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21GHz
Installed RAM: 64.0 GB
Windows Specifications
Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 1903

PLEASE HELP.

Thank you in advance for any input on this.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Cannot use ASIO4ALL V2 Playback Engine. Assertion error line 994. Unable to fix.

First, do yourself a favor and get a real interface, second, have a look here:

Known issue. A search would have found lots of posts about this error.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 02-21-2020, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Cannot use ASIO4ALL V2 Playback Engine. Assertion error line 994. Unable to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
First, do yourself a favor and get a real interface, second, have a look here:

Known issue. A search would have found lots of posts about this error.
Thanks for replying! As I said in the original post, i have already checked the link that you are suggesting me to visit. I have tried every step detailed in it and still couldn´t fix my problem :/

Hopefully there is something else to be done.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:36 PM

As The Weed has said, the answer is a proper audio interface with its own asio driver.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n