Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 05-24-2020, 06:30 PM

Default Bouncing

Hello, I have a session almost done with guitar, bass and drums. In my session i also wanted to add a little kind of dubstep section. I have imported .wav sound from bank sound that i have. When i play my session in pro tools, everything is perfect just like i want but when i want to bounce my session, all is good except those sound that i have imported from my bank sound. The volume of those sound is very low. I have to increase the volume like 7db to have the result that i want after bouncing, I just dont understand why cuz when i play in session everything is just perfect.

Thanks if someone can help me.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:43 PM

Default Re: Bouncing

There is a lot involved here which we cannot guess.

Like what are you bouncing? The same output you are monitoring? Are you sure?

How exactly are you playing back that bounce? Lots of audio players will apply EQ that may mess stuff up.

Are you bouncing stereo or mono? Being careful of any phase cancellation if going mono? (But you would normally hear phasing issues not just quieter).

Do you have a monitor controllers? Is that the same for both cases?

How are you setting the Level bounce? Master fader? And/or compressor/limiter plugins on the master fader? A sub mix bus then going out a master fader... are you bouncing that mix bus when you mean to bounce the output?

What if you set up a trivial session with say signal gen putting a 1kHz sine wave on a track and note the dBFS Level. Then bounce that, reimporting to Pro Tools or however you are playing back and measure the dBFS level and compare.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Bouncing

I found my problem. I use bus for each part of my session exemple i send all my guitars track into the bus sGuitars and after to a drymix, the compression of my sSamples bus was way too high.

Thanks for help!