Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-07-2017, 09:57 AM

Default Unable to start Pro Tools LE

I run a Pro Tools LE 8.0 on an iMac OSX snow leopard 10.6.8. The computer has processor 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, with a RAM 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. I have a Pro Tools LE Rack which is connected to the computer with a FW800.

Things have been working fine until now. I have had a break from music for two years and don’t remember having this problem before. When I click the Pro Tools LE icon and the program starts loading, everything works fine for a while (i.e. the plug-ins are loading.) Then suddenly everything stops and there comes a pop-up window saying: ”Waves 8.0.0 Preferences”. There are a number of boxes I can check, giving me the alternatives: ”Don’t use AudioSuite Plug-ins”; ”Don’t use RTAS Plug-ins”; ”Don’t use TDM Plug-ins”; ”Rescan all Plug-ins”; ”HUI control surfaces support (low res)”; ”Enable single-click text entry”. Then at the bottom left of the pop-up window it says ”Don’t ask me again/Hold Shift key during launch to show this dialog.” And at the bottom right there is a ”Cancel” and ”OK” button. After clicking OK another window comes up, saying. ”Select Waves 8.0 Plug-Ins folder”. And since I have no such folder there comes an additional window saying ”Please locate Waves 8.0 Plug –Ins folder.” In this window my Documents folder is viewed and I can select a folder. OR I can choose a ”New Folder” (There is a button in the bottom left corner saying that). In the lower right corner is two buttons saying ”Choose” or ”Cancel”. Wheather I do this or not doesn’t matter. If I select a folder and click the Choose button the window blinks and comes back again. The only way to get passed this window is to choose ”New Folder”. If I do this the pop-up windows disappears and I am sent back to the Pro Tools LE launch window where I can se my Plug-ins getting loaded. Only problem is they don’t load. The window has frozen, saying that the Plug-in called WaveShell-DAE 8.0.dpm is loading, which it ain’t.

Here is what I have tried. I have located the Waves Plug-ins and removed them from my computer. Didn’t work. I have used a program called Pro Tools Pref and Database Helper, and cleared following: ”DigiSetup.OSX”; ”DAE Prefs folder”; ”Pro Tools preferences”; ”com.digidesign.protools.plist”; Digidesign Database folders”; and ”Volumes Folder”. This hasen’t worked either. Now, if there is anyone that can help me through this I would be very thankful. And by the way; I am from Sweden and I hope I have made myself understood with my English.
Oh, and one more thing. When I try to clear the Pro Tools preferences a pop-up window comes, saying AppleScript Error; No such file or directory.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:52 AM

Default Re: Unable to start Pro Tools LE

Mods please move this thread.

Also this is a documented issue on the DUC. Please search about it....Thanks.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:57 AM

Sounds like you have an old Waveshell. If you DON'T have Waves plug-ins installed :

Go to Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-ins and delete the Waveshell Plug-in (or move it to the unused plug-ins folder).

Clear trash and reboot.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:11 AM

Thank you so very much, Phil Ogden. It worked. My Pro Tools is up and running.