Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2001, 02:57 PM

Default Assertion error in PT5.2 when skiping video in PT5.0 sessions

Hi

Today I had to restore an old 5.0 session.
The session had video but I don't back up video files.

After I told ProTools to skip the video, the following message appeared:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR> An assertion occured in "Sys_FileLoc.cpp", line 186 while translating Video Playlists <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I restored the wrong session three times, but the same assertion occured with all the sessions.

Since I don't have the video anymore, the workaround I found was to name another video with the exact name of the old video file.

Is this a bug?

The first thing I tried was to trash digi setup and DAE folder, refresh the PRAM and rebuild the desktop files, but that did not help.

G4 500 DP, 512 RAM
Mix Core
MixFarm
DSP FARM
Miro DC30
ATTO SCSI
Magma Expansion

PT 5.2
MacOS 9.2

Thank you,

Ricardo
Old 10-25-2001, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Assertion error in PT5.2 when skiping video in PT5.0 sessions

Digi??
Old 10-26-2001, 10:20 AM
Avid

Default Re: Assertion error in PT5.2 when skiping video in PT5.0 sessions

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RicardoEscallon:
Since I don't have the video anymore, the workaround I found was to name another video with the exact name of the old video file.

Is this a bug?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Quite possibly. Unfortunately, I have no definitive answer for you. In addition, I am not sure what engineering resources would and/or could be afforded to fix something like this...especially since there is a very feasable workaround.

As another possible workaround, what results do you get if you use the File>Import Tracks feature to transfer the tracks into a new PT 5.1.1 session file?

Brent