Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-15-2001, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

HEy Roy
THnx for the complements - i m sorry about the page - i mstill working on it - thnx for the feedback - i really appreciate it

Vouts!!
Greece [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2001, 11:10 AM

Thanx Roy. We've been hard at work on those for a couple months now. We mixed for 13 hours the other day to finish Beautiful, I The East and a love song of theirs that will be seen on a Cleopatra compilation (I think the comp is gonna be called Kiss The Night). We'll post the love song as soon as they decide on a name for it. Once again, thanx for taking the time to listen.

www.disposableproductions.com
Old 10-15-2001, 11:24 AM

Here's a tune to check out. It was sone with an AMIII card. The band is called Capitol Air. This was initially intended to be a hidden track on their upcoming full length- but they were so pleased with the results they've decided to include it as a regular track. It's not like the rest of the stuff they do- but a neat track none the less.

No- the Radiohead similarity is not lost on me- or anyone else that had heard it.

Its done in my eyes but it doesn't have to be yet. Any suggestions are certainly welcome.

Thanks!
http://www.kellyiris.com/mp3/capairhush.mp3
Old 10-16-2001, 12:13 AM

Mike,

It may sound like I'm overly free with my complements(they're all heartfelt), but I really do love this song. I like that the chord changes go to unexpected places, but cool places. Vocals are great, cool sounds throughout.

As far as comparisons, I hate 'em. "Sounds like a cross between Blah and Blah!" Please......I'm sure you guys weren't trying to be compared to Radiohead with this. You are who you are, and the song is what it is.
Good stuff, man. Tell Capitol Air for me they've got one new fan for sure....

Roy
Old 10-16-2001, 12:43 AM

Roy,

Thanks. I'll let 'em know. Meanwhile- you can check e'm out on the web at capitolair.com

Your compliments are certainly appreciated.

thanks!
Old 10-17-2001, 06:37 AM

Numachida,

Cool rock song and cool idea - i honestly liked it - but i could hear the presidents voice played from radio - i mean you could try and make it sound a bit more like an anouncement from a radio or tv - in my opinion it sounds too clean
the national anthem sounds pretty cool too
GOod Stuff

Vouts!
Greece
Old 10-17-2001, 09:51 AM

Bill,

Good song, good production. Looks like you've got the site set up well to hopefully do some good.

I do think Voutsonios has a good point. If President Bush's voice had that thin small radio sound(as long as his words are perfectly clear), it would only flatter the fullness of those guitars and stuff when they kick in.

But, that's my only suggestion. It's fine the way it is, and you're the producer.

Thanks, Roy
Old 10-17-2001, 03:05 PM

Check out http://www.garageband.com/artist/surf

Shallow and Song 3 were my first recordings with the 001 done about 7(?) months ago. Frequent Flyer was done on a friends Mix|24 system with a U87 for guitar and vocals..

Mark James
Old 10-19-2001, 01:38 AM

Mark,

Cool songs! And although 'Frequent Flyer' is a pretty song, I really enjoyed 'Shallow' and 'Song 3' the most. The vocals are great (is that you?), and I love those guitar sounds(were you running one/both guitars through a Leslie or something?.....sounds so cool).

Anyway, they are excellent songs. I appreciate you letting me listen. Be sure and play anything new when you're ready..... it was a pleasure.

Thanks, Roy
Old 10-19-2001, 11:38 AM

Thanks for the comments! I play the guitar (which was done through a POD 2) and I did the bass also, which was done through a Boss BR-8 8 track recorder. The vocals on song 3 were done with an SM58 on the BR-8 and then transfered into protools via analog outputs, and the vocals on shallow were done with an AKG 3000C through a mindprint envoice.