Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-28-2004, 10:40 AM

Default When East-West refers to AIFF/Pro Tools ...

Why does East-West (soundsonline.com) refer to the AIFF format in the "search by format" pull down menu as "AIFF/Pro Tools"? Most samplers used with Pro Tools read several formats -are they referring to a specific sampler or Pro Tools setup? From the many DUC comments I've read -the recommendation for samplers would be roughly: 40% for Mach 5, 35% for Kontakt, 20% for Sampletank, 5% for others (any corroboration on this?).

Tks,
cc1
Old 08-29-2004, 10:00 AM

Default Re: When East-West refers to AIFF/Pro Tools ...

Hey Chuck,

Howzitgoin? Cool!

There are sample packages that come as Pro Tools multi-track sessions. The first one that comes to mind is "Discrete Drums". These programs come as multi-tracked Pro Tools sessions... 16 tracks (i believe) for Discrete Drums. You load the session then just cut and paste to you heart's desire. Knowing how you like to work, these types of sample layouts are right up your alley. Have fun!

Best,
James
Old 08-29-2004, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Hey Chuck,

Howzitgoin? Cool!

There are sample packages that come as Pro Tools multi-track sessions. The first one that comes to mind is "Discrete Drums". These programs come as multi-tracked Pro Tools sessions... 16 tracks (i believe) for Discrete Drums. You load the session then just cut and paste to you heart's desire. Knowing how you like to work, these types of sample layouts are right up your alley. Have fun!

Best,
James
James,
When are you going to produce a song for my daughter? I'm thinking a dance mix of the Germ's Lexicon Devil.

cc1
Old 08-29-2004, 05:16 PM

Hey Chuck,

This is all probably way OT for the DUC so I'll be quick.

I'd be honored to work with such a talented AND awesome kid. That kid's got a lotta love and sparkle.

My life's taken a wild turn in the last couple of weeks... I was diagnosed with abnormal thyroid cells that the doctors feel pretty sure are pre-cancerous... so I'm scheduled for some fairly radical surgery (complete thyroidectomy) in the next few weeks to try and nip this thing in the bud. They tell me I'll be down for about 4 weeks afterwards so I'm not taking any large assignments until probably November. If you just need a little help kicking off a project for her, though, let me know - that's not a problem... and let's stay in touch because when I'm firing on all 8 again I'd love to helm a complete project for her... possibly even write something with her. Email me privately and we'll figure out a time to grab some lunch and catch up... I'd love to hear your latest "mad genius" piece!

Hey all, sorry for the extreme OT.

Best,
James