Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2015, 06:25 AM

Default Re: The LOUD explosion sound when stopping is Baaacckk!

After much back and forth with Avid support now they say it's most likely due to my "officially unsupported" 192 I/O interface, not supported since PT 11 (I'm on 12.2.1 now).
Which is hard to believe for me since I've been using it with no problems for years, but anyways, it could be it. I'm gonna do some more tests they suggested though, I'll report back.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:35 AM

If you loose audio completely after the pop you should be able to make the master fader inactive and then active again instead of having to close and reopen the session to get your audio back.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:57 PM

Anyone having positive developments on this issue ?
Old 10-23-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegalante View Post
Anyone having positive developments on this issue ?
I am the OP on this thread. I started it a long time ago when I was using an MBox2 Pro with PT10 'vanilla'. I took it as far as I could... i.e. for a few months, made a ton of adjustments and changes to both the setup (software, OS, and re-installs) and hardware (cables, power) and there were only a few that were having this problem. I even made a recording of the sound, and set it up to be listened to if anyone cared to. I even went as far as initializing my system drive, and reinstalled the OS and then PT10, then my plugs and only had on the machine specifically what I needed to make it run, and I still got the explosion. It rendered my system unusable. The only way I got it to stop was to purchase an HD3 TDM system and PT10HD. I used my MBox2 only as a MIDI port. After that the system was rock solid.

Afterwards I then 'upgraded' to an HDX1 system with an 8x8x8 I/O. And that was very reliable. Not as reliable as my TDM system, but at least I didn't have any more explosions. I also ran it with Eucon and an Artist Mix and Transport with very little problems until I started getting -9171 and -9172 errors several times a day, but that is a very different problem than this very destructive bug.

Now I see it is still there with PT11 and maybe 12 and also a few TDM users have it and one or two HDX users. very disheartening.

My current system is in my sig and I will say that PT12.1HD is very stable for me now, but I don't use it as my primary DAW any longer.

My solution was to move sideways, then back away.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.