How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 02-14-2020, 05:26 AM

Default Re: S6 and Nuendo 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
1. Is On Steinberg and I have asked then to do this work. Please post on their forums as the more the better
2. Same as above
3. Not sure there were any Nuendo softkeys by default...did they work once programed ?
4. Sounds like our bug...I'll pass on to software team.
HI Eddie,
thank you very much for the fast reply!
Steinberg should know about 1) and 2) for a long time / since years now. See this post
https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vie...f=283&t=147640
They said back in 2016, that they have already implemented a solution, but cannot deliver it on the actual Eucon adapter...
so now it is 2020... is it still due to the Eucon adapter?? Please (Avid & Steinberg) get in touch and sort things out! These bugs are so essential, so they make your controllers usable, or like now, unfortunately more or less unusable in combination with Steinberg products.

3) I can programm the soft keys. But for example, when I use the key command "Alt +" then it doesn't behave like when I'm pressing / holding "Alt" on my keyboard.
The thing is, it does not "hold" the "Alt" function... so in the Soft Key Command Editor there should be an option like the "Repeat.." button for "hold". Or am I wrong?

Thanks for the "Display breaks on track color" bug fix!

all the best

Last edited by chednb_pro; 02-14-2020 at 06:02 AM.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:21 AM
Avid

I checked and yes you are right for 3} these would need to be plumbed through by Steinberg.

They were busy on other things but have now got an S1 and seem to be interested in doing some more work. I can't promise on their behalf but I'll keep pushing.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I checked and yes you are right for 3} these would need to be plumbed through by Steinberg.

They were busy on other things but have now got an S1 and seem to be interested in doing some more work. I can't promise on their behalf but I'll keep pushing.

At least this sounds promising! Thanks for your commitment!
Looking forward to get fully functional Eucon controllers with Nuendo and Cubase.
All the best
Old 02-29-2020, 09:31 AM

That is great any improvement between the two companies would be very welcome! There was a lot of back and forth collaboration back in 2004/05 and I hope that it continues to happen even though both companies have their own DAW & Controllers.
Old 08-12-2020, 02:49 AM

Quote:

Hi Eddie,

just updated to Nuendo 10.3 and the latest EuControl software (and firmware for the S1). Unfortunately nothing changed, there are still all the bugs!!
It is a pitty that nothing changes here...
Do you have any updates or new information about the cooperation with Steinberg? Is this topic relevant anyway for you guys (AVID and Steinberg)?
In my opinion, as I already said, it would be a win-win situation to both of you. AVID selling controllers for Steinberg useres who are not offered quality / professional controllers in this price range (Nuage is way to expensive and not as flexible as the AVID S series imo).
But yeah, unfortunately Steinberg and AVID controllers do not work as promised on both sites. PLEASE sort the things out, it would be so awesome to use these controllers fully functional!

Thanks and all the best
Old 08-12-2020, 03:58 AM

I too would love to hear of any progress on this front!
Old 08-23-2020, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipgod View Post
Hi there,

I am not a Nuendo Expert, so I can`t say how deeply Nuendo 10 is integrated, but it mapped nicely to my S6 when testing it.
Hi clipgod! Would be nice if you can verify any of the mentioned Eucon / Nuendo bugs in this thread on your S6. The most important information to me would be, if the mixer-mirror bug also exists on the S6, and if Nuendo follows the S6 bank and nudge commands in the project / mixer window...

Thanks in advance and all the best
Old 11-12-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:

Hi Eddie!
Is there any progress on this topic?
Unfortunately nothing changes, no matter if there is a new Nuendo / Cubase version or a new EuControl update or firmware version for the S1 / S3 / .... All the bugs and issues still remain!

Please get together with Steinberg and get these things sorted out finally!!
To be honest, I think it is not correct and fair towards the customers neither from Steinberg nor from Avid, to sell their products titled as fully Eucon compatible / compatible witch each other - because this is definitely not the case!

A dream would come true to see an Avid controller finally working a 100% "bug-free" with Steinberg Software!

Looking forward to your reply, thanks in advance and all the best
Old 01-29-2021, 02:22 AM

Quote:

Hi Eddie,
just updated to Nuendo 11.0.10 because Steinberg announced Eucon improvements on this maintenance update. Unfortunately nothing changed, all the issues still exist in the exact same way.

Just wanted to ask again if there is any Eucon related communication between AVID and Steinberg (e.g. the development teams)? There is such a huge user base which suffers a lot from these long term (for years!!) bugs.
The problem is, Steinberg says AVID has to make changes, and AVID says it is Steinbergs fault...

Any update from you / AVID on this topic?

Would be nice to get things sorted out finally!
Thanks
Old 01-29-2021, 08:08 AM
Avid

Yes, there is communication. No, its not Avid that have to make the changes. We freely give out the SDK, they are free to implement any of the things we added to PT.