How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2015, 10:15 AM

Default Re-imported wav files don't line up right

Hi there,

When I bounce a track from one session and then import it into another session, the track is a fraction of a second off! I always have to drag the track backwards maybe 1/3 of a second to make it line up.

This is what I am doing: I have a music mix. I bounce it.

Then I make a new session and import the bounced mix. Then I use this to record vocals against. I do this so I lessen the tracks being played and recorded at the same time to lessen PT crashes or audio underruns.

So then.. I bounce the vocals out. Then I import the vocals into the music mix. And now the imported tracks are off!

All of the bounces and projects are the same bpm, same bit rate and depth. I have tried using the convert file and add file buttons and it makes no difference.

So why is PT adding silence or something to the beginning of the imported track so they are off when I import? The software started doing this to me randomly, but now it does this every time.

Anyone else getting this odd problem?
Old 03-29-2015, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Re-imported wav files don't line up right

1) You bouncing wav's?
2) If you are bouncing through a master fader with plugins, it's the latency of the plugins. The master fader does not do ADC. Try using an aux track as the master fader.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Re-imported wav files don't line up right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall2Wall View Post
1) You bouncing wav's?
2) If you are bouncing through a master fader with plugins, it's the latency of the plugins. The master fader does not do ADC. Try using an aux track as the master fader.
I do have ozone in the mastering chain just for a placeholder. I will try bouncing the music track with no plugins on the master and see if that makes any difference. Thanks for the suggestion!