Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  ē  Community Terms of Use  ē  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  ē  Community Search  ē  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2020

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-08-2020, 05:54 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Sopranos State (NJ)
Posts: 18,139
Default Re: Plugins disappear during session

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2one View Post
I made sure the hdd never sleeps but kept the display turning off after 1 hour and still had to restart PT to relink. Same message about license appeared. I do have a physical iLoc but was trying out the cloud with the new PT. Guess Iíll have to go back and try that next. I donít think itís my internet connection as I have no issues with anything else dropping (itís 500 down and a pretty good modem).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But do you really know you're not getting dropouts? All it takes is one little blip to create a problem.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-09-2020, 05:11 PM
n2one n2one is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Rockwell/USA
Posts: 13
Default Re: Plugins disappear during session

Okay. I went back and changed my settings again by not only adjusting under the energy saver but also going into the terminal and keeping the computer from ever sleeping. The terminal command is ďcaffeinate -sĒ to keep the MacBook Pro from sleeping while on AC power. So far this seems to be working. I plan to leave PT open overnight and see if this holds. (The only drawback may be with the life of the display according to Apple.) Iíll update here either way in case someone else has this issue. I also looked at keeping it from sleeping while closed but currently itís only in my studio and never closed so that is not an issue. This may change as I do more research on the display lifespan as I do have 2 external monitors connected also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-09-2020, 05:20 PM
musicman691 musicman691 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Sopranos State (NJ)
Posts: 18,139
Default Re: Plugins disappear during session

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2one View Post
Okay. I went back and changed my settings again by not only adjusting under the energy saver but also going into the terminal and keeping the computer from ever sleeping. The terminal command is ďcaffeinate -sĒ to keep the MacBook Pro from sleeping while on AC power. So far this seems to be working. I plan to leave PT open overnight and see if this holds. (The only drawback may be with the life of the display according to Apple.) Iíll update here either way in case someone else has this issue. I also looked at keeping it from sleeping while closed but currently itís only in my studio and never closed so that is not an issue. This may change as I do more research on the display lifespan as I do have 2 external monitors connected also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unless Apple changed something you don't need to use a Terminal command to keep the computer from sleeping. Go to system preferences then click on energy saver and set computer sleep all the way to the right to never sleep. You can set the display to sleep whenever you want and that won't affect things. Also make sure to uncheck 'put hard disks to sleep'.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-09-2020, 05:30 PM
n2one n2one is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Rockwell/USA
Posts: 13
Default Re: Plugins disappear during session

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Unless Apple changed something you don't need to use a Terminal command to keep the computer from sleeping. Go to system preferences then click on energy saver and set computer sleep all the way to the right to never sleep. You can set the display to sleep whenever you want and that won't affect things. Also make sure to uncheck 'put hard disks to sleep'.

I did that but wanted to cover all my basses to make sure it was not the cloud causing the issue. I am letting the display go to the screen saver at this point and plan on dialing settings back until I know for sure where the issue occurs. Iím not totally sure that the terminal command actually continues after closing the terminal.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-11-2020, 03:58 PM
n2one n2one is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Rockwell/USA
Posts: 13
Default Re: Plugins disappear during session

Alas, they disappeared again. Must be the cloud. Whether from the internet connection dropping or just the cloud in general I donít know.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-12-2020, 05:29 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Sopranos State (NJ)
Posts: 18,139
Default Re: Plugins disappear during session

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2one View Post
Alas, they disappeared again. Must be the cloud. Whether from the internet connection dropping or just the cloud in general I donít know.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please try using a real iLok and report back. If that works then you have your answer. If not then more investigation is needed.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-16-2021, 06:48 PM
n2one n2one is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Rockwell/USA
Posts: 13
Default Re: Plugins disappear during session

I had asked Avid support about this also. They sent me a message telling me to update the iLok License Manager. I checked and it was already up to date. However, ever since I checked, the problem is no more. I donít know what changed. I didnít update anything. Iím thinking it was on Avidís end and they fixed it...whatever it was. Regardless, all my plug-ins are there even if I leave Pro Tools running for days without restarting. (I tested this)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-16-2021, 10:37 PM
cwsand's Avatar
cwsand cwsand is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 3,490
Default Re: Plugins disappear during session

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
There's your problem. Get a real physical iLok and ditch the cloud stuff.
I tried using my Pro Tools license and plugins on the Ilok Cloud and loved it - as long as my internet was on. Unfortunately it tends to go down and I couldn't even boot Pro Tools because I needed an internet connection to put the Pro Tools license back on the iLok. I'm not an expert in in ILM (seems a bit clunky to me) so I don't know if there's a way to still use the physical iLok when the internet is down or not. Frankly, I got tired of trying to figure it out and decided it's not that big a deal to just move my iLok from the desktop to the MBP.
__________________
Help Us Help You

Chris
__________________________________________________
Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56
TCE Studio Konnekt 48
PreSonus Digimax LT
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P / i7 6700K 4.1 GHz / 32GB Crucial DDR4
macOS Catalina 10.15.7
Pro Tools HD 2020.12.0
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-17-2021, 04:53 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Sopranos State (NJ)
Posts: 18,139
Default Re: Plugins disappear during session

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
I tried using my Pro Tools license and plugins on the Ilok Cloud and loved it - as long as my internet was on. Unfortunately it tends to go down and I couldn't even boot Pro Tools because I needed an internet connection to put the Pro Tools license back on the iLok. I'm not an expert in in ILM (seems a bit clunky to me) so I don't know if there's a way to still use the physical iLok when the internet is down or not. Frankly, I got tired of trying to figure it out and decided it's not that big a deal to just move my iLok from the desktop to the MBP.
You can only have the license asset in one place and once it's on the iLok you don't need internet access.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-17-2021, 06:38 AM
Ben Jenssen's Avatar
Ben Jenssen Ben Jenssen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Oslo
Posts: 3,524
Default Re: Plugins disappear during session

I've had my PT license and many other licenses on ilok cloud now for about eight months and there has been a total of two instances of "Authorization failed because no license found. PT will now quit." Internet worked fine. Went to ILM and confirmed that the license was not there. First time it happened, the license reappeared after a few hours without me doing anything, second time it was a matter of minutes. I keep my mac awake and PT running most of the time. My internet connection is very reliable.

I think these were errors on either Pace's or Avid's side. There are many reports lately of assorted license problems. Anyway, I'm happy with iLok Cloud. Each to their own.
__________________
Life-long audio enthusiast and small studio owner. Retired.
Mac mini, quad core i3, 3.6 GHz (Late 2018), 16 GB RAM
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen, Dynaudio BM6's, Command 8 and iPad w/Avid Control.
Pro Tools 2020.11, Mac OS 10.15.7.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All plugins available when online, half disappear when trying to work offline... amateurhour AAX Plug-ins 4 11-20-2020 10:08 PM
Plugins disappear from list after a while, re-appear when quit/re-open ashwalk Pro Tools 9 12 01-22-2015 02:46 PM
How did my plugins suddenly disappear? wfenlon 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 0 02-27-2013 08:27 PM
Session Tracks Disappear RichrdC Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) 3 03-06-2010 11:05 PM
MIDI REGIONS DISAPPEAR when opening a 4.3 session in 5.0 ROONEY Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 0 02-09-2000 12:42 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:54 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com