Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2020, 07:52 PM

Default Is the current Macbook Air acceptable as a B machine for Protools?

Hey folks, I am thinking about replacing my 15.4" macbook pro with a new lighter more compact computer. That said let me preface by saying my main protools system is a mac pro 6 core w 64gb ram and 1TB ssd. This system would be more for when I travel or just want to play with mixes and ideas away from my main rig. There is probably a 13.3 refresh coming but I am enamored with the idea of a super light system. The big caveat of the air is the limited TB ports but honestly I think two is enough though the ilok may be an issue. I have a quad apollo twin that I travel with so dsp is not really an issue for me most cases. If I got a 16gb with a 512 it would probably be fine but I am wondering is it worth it to up it and go for a macbook pro 13.3? I think that with a new one coming the current ones should drop dramatically in price but that is not my primary concern. Size is so 16" is not really what I am after. All thoughts and musings are appreciated. Peter