How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins

Old 09-05-2020, 04:23 AM

Default Re: NI Discontinue Authorizations RTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyduck View Post
Thanks, but I think I did my best to get to them by email. Do you have a link to a "support email" page? Also, they must have a phone number. Frankly, what they are doing seems a bit reckless to me. I mean, do they open themselves up to lawsuits by selling people a bunch of expensive product and then turning that product into vaporware? With no offer to compensate in some way. I think they do, actually. But I generally prefer the idea of communicating with the company and solving the issue.

Best,

mightyduck
NI doesn't do phone support. And apparently they don't have a way to even get email support anymore. Just went looking for a link and couldn't find one. Had to enlist the help of Google and found this link: https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/how-do-i-contact-ni-support.348855/

Follow the link in Matt@NI's post (it's the second one on the page) to get to a support page. Unfortunately support is read-only at the current time. If you try the support link on NI's home page you'll find they don't have software support.

QAPLA!
Old 09-05-2020, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Thanks, but I think I did my best to get to them by email. Do you have a link to a "support email" page? Also, they must have a phone number. Frankly, what they are doing seems a bit reckless to me. I mean, do they open themselves up to lawsuits by selling people a bunch of expensive product and then turning that product into vaporware? With no offer to compensate in some way. I think they do, actually. But I generally prefer the idea of communicating with the company and solving the issue.

Best,

mightyduck
You’re out of luck with NI I’m afraid. Their support has really gone downhill, especially since the big staff cutbacks. The way it seems to works now is you go to the support pages and go through a dreaded automated support, self-help “Wizard” - page after page of questions, things to try etc. Eventually - if you’re lucky - you might get a message through to an actual human via the wizard, in which case you start getting support emails with the afore mentioned human. I found this takes a few days after the initial “we’ve received your request”.

I’ve had better luck sorting out the increasing number of NI issues I’m having on the NI forum.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
You’re out of luck with NI I’m afraid. Their support has really gone downhill, especially since the big staff cutbacks. The way it seems to works now is you go to the support pages and go through a dreaded automated support, self-help “Wizard” - page after page of questions, things to try etc. Eventually - if you’re lucky - you might get a message through to an actual human via the wizard, in which case you start getting support emails with the afore mentioned human. I found this takes a few days after the initial “we’ve received your request”.

I’ve had better luck sorting out the increasing number of NI issues I’m having on the NI forum.
True to all the above. Evil Dragon is one of the most knowledgeable people on the NI forums.

QAPLA!
Old 09-05-2020, 06:07 AM

Hmmm ... och feel this is exactly the same as another ”big” software company where people help eachother on forum 😂😂😂😂

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-05-2020, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hmmm ... och feel this is exactly the same as another ”big” software company where people help each other on forum 😂😂😂😂
What's the old saying about misery loves company

At least the inhabitants of the NI forums know the s/w. NI "tech support" doesn't even know about Audio Suite usage in PT

QAPLA!
Old 09-05-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
What's the old saying about misery loves company

At least the inhabitants of the NI forums know the s/w. NI "tech support" doesn't even know about Audio Suite usage in PT
Yeah the NI support is not great. Kind of amazing that the software companies don’t have a real CS center people can CALL. The fact we have to run to forums operated by members to get help is not why we pay the big bucks. A big reason we have stopped buying plugins alltogether and mainly use too much analog goodness. We stay away from the big companies for exactly this reason.

BTW I got them on the phone here in europe when KU12 came out as I asked what happens to all the double licenses we already owned that were bought before the KU10 when we jumped in on Komplete and he couldn’t give me an answer to anything so that was a bust.

I do have the european phone number if anyone wanna try.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-05-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yeah the NI support is not great. Kind of amazing that the software companies don’t have a real CS center people can CALL. The fact we have to run to forums operated by members to get help is not why we pay the big bucks. A big reason we have stopped buying plugins alltogether and mainly use too much analog goodness. We stay away from the big companies for exactly this reason.

BTW I got them on the phone here in europe when KU12 came out as I asked what happens to all the double licenses we already owned that were bought before the KU10 when we jumped in on Komplete and he couldn’t give me an answer to anything so that was a bust.

I do have the european phone number if anyone wanna try.
If you have a phone number that works please post it. I found a German phone number and while ago, and waited up all day and night to try it, but it was no-go.

I have a bunch of stuff in the can, yet to be finished / mixed, much of which was cut using the NI VIs, so this is more than a little inconvenient to me.

I tried to join the NI discussion forum, but it just said "Thanks for registering. Your registration must now be approved by an administrator. You will receive an email when a decision has been taken." No email as yet.

Best,

mightyduck
Old 09-06-2020, 03:52 AM

Quote:
If you have a phone number that works please post it. I found a German phone number and while ago, and waited up all day and night to try it, but it was no-go.

I have a bunch of stuff in the can, yet to be finished / mixed, much of which was cut using the NI VIs, so this is more than a little inconvenient to me.

I tried to join the NI discussion forum, but it just said "Thanks for registering. Your registration must now be approved by an administrator. You will receive an email when a decision has been taken." No email as yet.

Best,

mightyduck
Check your isp's spam bucket. Also keep in mind the weekend.

When this all gets taken care of if you want to stay with NI I suggest moving to a PT version and OSX that uses aax. Kontakt 6 works fine in place of K5 and is the only thing other than Reaktor that's really changed in NI's lineup (save for the addition of Massive X).

QAPLA!
Old 09-06-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Check your isp's spam bucket. Also keep in mind the weekend.

When this all gets taken care of if you want to stay with NI I suggest moving to a PT version and OSX that uses aax. Kontakt 6 works fine in place of K5 and is the only thing other than Reaktor that's really changed in NI's lineup (save for the addition of Massive X).
Right. Nothing in the spam bucket. Its been a few days, but, hey, they are obviously not known for quick communication. : )

I have a brand new rig that uses .aax. But, think about, they axed Guitar Rig, B4, and a ton of libraries and other VIs people were invested in, without any real proper warning or a workaround, expecting people to shell out a bunch more cash on their new stuff.

How presumptuous to think that people should sit for such nonsense. And it is nonsense [the "excuse" they floated].

Best,

mightyduck
Old 09-07-2020, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Right. Nothing in the spam bucket. Its been a few days, but, hey, they are obviously not known for quick communication. : )

I have a brand new rig that uses .aax. But, think about, they axed Guitar Rig, B4, and a ton of libraries and other VIs people were invested in, without any real proper warning or a workaround, expecting people to shell out a bunch more cash on their new stuff.

How presumptuous to think that people should sit for such nonsense. And it is nonsense [the "excuse" they floated].

Best,

mightyduck
Guitar Rig is still with us - it's at version 6. There ARE workarounds for B4II and Pro53 but those stopped working with Apple dropping full 32 bit support. I had both of those fully working (aax format) in OSX 10.12.6; they only started getting flaky in OSX 10.13.6 And if you have a rig that supports .aax why not just work in that?

People were warned about RTAS support going away.

QAPLA!