Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-18-2008, 02:34 AM

Unhappy Help with ASIO Drivers for 003 rack - Cubase even not recognise.....

Hey guys,

Just wondering If i could have some help. I have given up for the meantime trying to get Protools LE 7.4 to work because I cant get past the 1115 DAE error on creating DAE Objects. So i thought I would try to get my 003 factory going in Cubase SX 3.1 just in the meantime.

However I am having trouble getting it going, and I think its in relation to my ASIO Driver settings.

My setup was a brand new HP8710w, WINXP, SP3, and the SoundMAX driver for my sound. Now Cubase picked up this fine, and I could use a Mic and plug it directly into the soundcard port on the Laptop (truly amazing sounds qaulity!!.....cough cough)

I disabled the device (in windows device manager) hoping to use my Digi 003 ASIO driver as my default.

But Cubase doesnt pick it up. And i get the:

"ASIO MME DRIVER
An Active audio port could not be found
Errorcode FEi-E-0600"

Now a quesiton i want to ask someone who has a 003 rack working, if you go to sounds and devices in Win XP and click on the audio tab, does the 003 ASIO driver come up under Sound Recording? At the momment mine is greyed out and says "No recording devices".

However in Sound Playback, I can pick digidesign 003 Chan 1-2, and also in MIDI Music playback, i can pick digidesign 003 port1, port2 or digidesign 003 control Port.

Am i missing something here?

Cheers guys.
Rhys.

ps: there is a pc wizard report on my other post if ya need it:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=227813

ta!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Help with ASIO Drivers for 003 rack - Cubase even not recognise.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregers123 View Post
I disabled the device (in windows device manager) hoping to use my Digi 003 ASIO driver as my default.
No. That would be the Wavedriver, which you can't use for recording.

You really wnat to be using the ASIO drivers for Cubase. If they are installed properly, you set those up in Cubase.

Quote:
Now a quesiton i want to ask someone who has a 003 rack working, if you go to sounds and devices in Win XP and click on the audio tab, does the 003 ASIO driver come up under Sound Recording?
Again, no. The ASIO driver is not controlled in the Windows control panel; it is controlled in the specific software that you are using, in this case Cubase.
Quote:
However in Sound Playback, I can pick digidesign 003 Chan 1-2, and also in MIDI Music playback, i can pick digidesign 003 port1, port2 or digidesign 003 control Port.

Am i missing something here?
Yes. That is the Wavedriver.

As mentioned in the other thread, -1115 is a firewire communication error. That means it is a HARDWARE error. Your firewire card is probably not compatible with the Digidesign device, which means that it won't work in ANY software that you choose to use until you get a compatible firewire interface. Unfortunately, there are currently no approved and/or recommended firewire interfaces for the computer you have chosen. You could try one of the express card firewire interfaces, but you might not have much luck.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 09-18-2008, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Help with ASIO Drivers for 003 rack - Cubase even not recognise.....

To select the Digi ASIO driver in Cubase:

Device Setup >
VST Audiobay >
Master ASIO Driver
(choose from dropdown list) ASIO Digidesign Driver

Then go into VST Connections and assign Cubase I/O's to the available I/O's on your Digi Hardware.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:43 PM

Hey thanks for the reply.

Yeah i tried to do that but I got another error:

""Channel 0/0 could not be set on ASIO driver ASIO Digi 003"

So if I cant get Protools to work because of what seems like incompatable FW Chipset, then it wouldnt be any different for Cubase yeah?

Are there any alternatives for an Incompatable FW Chipset on a laptop?

Are those "express card firewire interfaces" a card you plug into your ExpressCard slot on your laptop? Are they known to be problematic or are some approved?

(Btw, i am not after full 32 track count, just want to get the thing going at this point lol)

cheers!