Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 10-19-2018, 06:10 AM

Default How to exclude HDX as core audio Device...

Hi Forum, I hope you can understand the title...

My Problem... I don t use the HDX Card as Core Audio Device, but the fan of my card always spins up, although i dont use the HDX Card. My Source are the internal Outputs of my Mac Pro. I want to use the HDX Card only in Protools Ultimate. How can i disable the card as Core Audio Source...
Even if i don´t use the card outside Protools, the Fan of the Card is running... If i uninstall the HD Driver, the card is quiet.

How can i tell the driver, that the card is only used in Protools. You know, the fan is very loud and if i don´t use Protools, i don´t want to hear it...
But the Fan starts to run. It doesn´t matter, if i select another Audio Output in the system settings of OSX... What can i do... Thans for help
Old 10-19-2018, 09:17 AM

Default How to exclude HDX as core audio Device...

Well for the record in Windows you can set the default device for Native playback (read: core audio, OSX sound)

I haven’t used Mac in such a long time idk if you can assign functions like that for Mac.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.

Last edited by YYR123; 10-19-2018 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:18 PM

Default Re: How to exclude HDX as core audio Device...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerLe View Post
Hi Forum, I hope you can understand the title...

My Problem... I don t use the HDX Card as Core Audio Device, but the fan of my card always spins up, although i dont use the HDX Card. My Source are the internal Outputs of my Mac Pro. I want to use the HDX Card only in Protools Ultimate. How can i disable the card as Core Audio Source...
Even if i don´t use the card outside Protools, the Fan of the Card is running... If i uninstall the HD Driver, the card is quiet.

How can i tell the driver, that the card is only used in Protools. You know, the fan is very loud and if i don´t use Protools, i don´t want to hear it...
But the Fan starts to run. It doesn´t matter, if i select another Audio Output in the system settings of OSX... What can i do... Thans for help
You can remove the CoreAudio access of the AvidAudioServer for HDX (pro tools doesn't use that for access anyway) and it won't be available to anything but Pro Tools then.

See here:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...e-Audio-on-Mac
Quote:
If you wish to uninstall the new HD Driver you can simply delete the AvidAudioServer.app file located in /Applications/Avid/AvidAudioServer/
That's all it takes (and reboot the computer so that program isn't running in the background anymore.) It will no longer show in Audio MIDI Setup or System Sounds as an option but will continue to work with Pro Tools.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:27 AM

Hi BScout...

You are my hero... Thank you very much for your help.
The Tip worked. I moved the AvidAudioserver App out of the App Folder and
now the hdx card stays quiet until i use it with Protools Ultimate.
The great thing is; If i need Core Audio, Logic Pro X for example, i can start the avidaudioserver app manually and HDX comes up as Core Audio Device... Thank you
Old 10-25-2018, 08:05 PM

This thread helped me solve the totally opposite need. LOL

For some reason my native card stopped showing up in CoreAudio. I reinstalled the HD drivers as well as protools several times with no luck. Read through this thread, searched for the AvidAudioserver.app, double clicked it (and the AvidAudioserverlauncher.app) and it's all is back to normal. Fingers crossed

Thanks

OS 10.13.6
Old 10-29-2018, 04:57 AM

Hi 685

Thats great to hear... The AvidAudioServer.app seems to be the key for core audio functionality...