Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins

Old 08-27-2020, 03:51 AM

Default Re: NI Discontinue Authorizations RTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyduck View Post
Hi,

I am bumping this as I have a similar thread here and its not getting much response either.

Can anyone at least recommend a good way to get ahold of product / tech support for NI?

Thanks,

mightyduck
Fuhgeddaboutit - NI support is about as useful as mammary glands on a male bovine. Even when you can get in touch with them they no precious little about PT. A few years back I asked them a question about their plugins and AudioSuite and they had no idea what AS was. Their forums are slightly better though.

QAPLA!
Old 08-29-2020, 12:33 PM

the only possibility i see is, in case that plugin isn't available on download from their website, is to ask them a link

now if you need to reinstall that pluging the only way is what i wrote earlier : osx clean install and using the migration assistant of the mac after having copied on other HDD your user folder
Mac Pro 2x 2.66GHz 6-Core / 96 Go Ram / PE6R4-i - HD Native - Tempo Sata Pro 6Gb - PTHD : 10 / 11 /12 / Ultimate till 2022.5 - 192 i/o Digidesign - MTPAV - OSX : 10.4 / 10.5 / 10.6.8 / 10.8.5 / 10.9.5 / 10.11.6 / 10.13.6 / 10.14.6 - PowerMac G4 MDD / Pro Tools HD 5.3 / 6 / 7.4x / 8
Old 08-29-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovebrother View Post
the only possibility i see is, in case that plugin isn't available on download from their website, is to ask them a link

now if you need to reinstall that pluging the only way is what i wrote earlier : osx clean install and using the migration assistant of the mac after having copied on other HDD your user folder
Only if the newly installed OSX is compatible with the plugins. Migration Assassin is one of the worst ideas Apple ever came up with. Actually NI stopped supporting RTAS support years ago. Also to counter something someone said earlier OSX clones DO keep their authorizations.

QAPLA!
Old 08-29-2020, 05:31 PM

Default NI Discontinue Authorizations RTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Also to counter something someone said earlier OSX clones DO keep their authorizations.
Most will, but definitely NOT all. Been through it a few times.

It depends on what’s being used as the hardware ID. It also gets compounded if you’re using the clone on another machine.

Either way, there may be some software that will require re-authorising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Most will, but definitely NOT all. Been through it a few times.

It depends on what’s being used as the hardware ID. It also gets compounded if you’re using the clone on another machine.

Either way, there may be some software that will require re-authorising.

I'll not dispute that. The strangest ones are stuff from Arturia. Sometimes my clone will pick up the auth and sometimes not but the original is okay. And this is on the same machine. This is why I LOVE iLok licensing - as long as my iLok is ok I'm good to go.

QAPLA!
Old 08-30-2020, 09:40 AM

Hi,

Just haad to do a complete reinstall of everything but this time on Mavericks due to UAD compatibilty issues with Mountain Lion.

Must have done near 100 products that i have purchased over the years! and most have been ok, even some of the difficult instruments and various packs have been doable with a bit of work...

BUT i come to Native Instruments and well, just forget it. More chance of getting blood from a stone. must have invested around £1000 in this company and trying to re auth them is just impossible. I can't even download their Mavericks compatible Native Access app. the link takes me to google drive and says unable to download due to too many downloads

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:07 AM

Abandonware
Old 09-03-2020, 02:33 AM

Unfortunately, it was the boot / system drive of the four hot swappable drives in my cheese grater that got wacked while in storage. So the re-install procedure won't work [if I understand it correctly].

I had a whole bunch of NI stuff authorized on that drive and I'm guessing it is all broken now.

Is there seriously no way to get ahold of anyone at Native Instruments? Why would they be so lame in that respect. They make some good-sounding stuff, but ............ geez.

Anyone got a way to get through to NI? Or any other ideas on how to make those products usable [aside from the obvious, unmentionable one]?

Best,

mightyduck
Old 09-03-2020, 02:36 AM

Of course you can get in touch with NI. Send a support email. Whether or not they are helpful, they’ve always replied when I’ve had to contact them.

But, AFAIK they’ve pulled the old authorisation system so I don’t like your chances of getting that stuff back online. It sucks big time and this kind of stuff shouldn’t happen.

Old 09-04-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Of course you can get in touch with NI. Send a support email. Whether or not they are helpful, they’ve always replied when I’ve had to contact them.

But, AFAIK they’ve pulled the old authorisation system so I don’t like your chances of getting that stuff back online. It sucks big time and this kind of stuff shouldn’t happen.

Thanks, but I think I did my best to get to them by email. Do you have a link to a "support email" page? Also, they must have a phone number. Frankly, what they are doing seems a bit reckless to me. I mean, do they open themselves up to lawsuits by selling people a bunch of expensive product and then turning that product into vaporware? With no offer to compensate in some way. I think they do, actually. But I generally prefer the idea of communicating with the company and solving the issue.

Best,

mightyduck