How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2016, 03:03 AM

Default IO settings problems when opening PT12.5.1 session in PT8 HD

I recorded a song at my studio on PT 8 and mixed it at home on PT12.5.1

I then did a backward compatibility save, so I could open it at the studio again, to finish the mix. However all of the IO settings have gone up the spout. All outputs show bus29 (?).

This means I have to go to each track and reassign the output, reassign the mixbuss inputs and so on. Am i doing something wrong during my save copy in process?

Also, when I transfer the session from 12 to 8 all of my UAD plug in settings gone to their default even though the avid plugins settings carry over fine. I have the 'Session plug-in settings folder' ticked in the 'Save Copy In' dialogue box.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nainesh; 07-09-2016 at 03:46 AM.