Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 12-30-2010, 08:58 AM

Default EZ Drummer and Superior Drummer Problems

I am running Pro Tools 8 on W7.
After creatingan intrument track and dragging mid grooves from EZ or Superior drummer. My record on any audio trcks does not work. If I remove the midi grooves files fron the instrument track the record mode will work.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Steve
Old 12-30-2010, 09:25 AM

Default Re: EZ Drummer and Superior Drummer Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticleman View Post
I am running Pro Tools 8 on W7.
After creatingan intrument track and dragging mid grooves from EZ or Superior drummer. My record on any audio trcks does not work. If I remove the midi grooves files fron the instrument track the record mode will work.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!
Steve
That doesn't make any sense. Tell us exactly what you're trying to do. You've dragged MIDI grooves to the instrument track with EZ/Sup instantiated, and then what??? You can't record audio onto the instrument track, but you know that, right?
Old 12-30-2010, 11:08 AM

I create an instrument track for Superior Drummer. I drag a groove (midi files) into the instrument track.

At this point, using a stereo AUDIO track I am trying to record a guitar track.
I click on the record button. The using CTL/spacebar to stat record the transport in PT is showing it in record mode but nothing get recorded. There in no audio being created in the regions list. Yes I have signal. If it was jkust that no signal was getting to Pt there would still be an audio file in the region list. It would just so a---------------line wave form.
I am getting eady to reboot computer.
I have been working with PT for over 7 years since 5.9 was out. This 8.0.4 for W7 sucks compared to the other version I have had. Then WTF they come out with 9.0 which is probably more compatable with W7. And we have to pay for it. even though they have not completey logo test 8.0.4
Old 12-31-2010, 11:00 AM

So, you can't record onto audio tracks when there's MIDI regions on the instrument tracks? That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard. Have you tried to un-install PT and start over?
Old 01-01-2011, 03:33 PM

Crazy. I'm running 8.0.4 cs2 on XP with Addictive Drums (and it's not your drum plugin -- it shouldn't matter about the instrument).

I do want to mention something that I've had happen. Sometimes it seems that computer gets confused regarding the interface. I've had the interface actually go dead until a reboot. This usually happens if I'm using a program that is set for ASIO drivers which my M-Audio fast Track Pro doesn't like. And while the interface sees the ASIO drivers, when I go back to Pro Tools, the ASIO drivers remain active in the computer and PT doesn't want to recognize the interface.

So I reboot and everything is fine.

Solution was to not use the ASIO drivers that defaulted to with Reason 4, and some other standalones, and set them to a different non-ASIO driver. I'm not familiar with EZ Drummer or Superior Drummer, so if SD runs in standalone it might be defaulting to ASIO.

PT 9 is of course ASIO compatible. But as I posted elsewhere it would be very expensive for me to update due to PC, OS, and other issues.

Mainboard: DFI Inc. INF P35-R
BIOS : Phx Tech, LTD 6.00 PG 03/11/2008
Bus(es) : ISA X-Bus PCI PCIe IMB USB i2c/SMBus
MP APIC : Y
Tot Mem : 3.25GB DIMM DDR2 (WinXP)

Chipset: Intel P35/G33/G31 Proc
Front Side Bus Spd : 4x 266MHz
Mem Bus Spd : 2x 399MHz

(C:) : (250GB, SATA, 8MB Cache)
(D:) : (250GB, SATA, 8MB Cache)
Old 01-02-2011, 11:41 AM

You have said that the audio is not in the regions list, but is it in the playlist?
If it is in the playlist, it might be that you have a "Find" command set for the regions list that is preventing the new audio region from being listed there.