Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2009, 11:07 PM

Default Elastic causes pro tools to shut down.

Not sure exactly what I am doing that is causing this problem???

While recording a session with multiple time signature and tempo changes with Elastic set to render I tried to change the tempo for a small section of the drum tracks(aprox 1 min). To be safe berore changing the tempo I put a break before and after where I wanted the tempo change in my audio tracks(not sure if this is required??) I changed the tempo from 88 to 84 in my tempo map and pro tools shut down without freezing or an error message or warning. It was instant.
What confuses me is that there were 3 spots in the song where I had to make this change but only on the 3rd one did it shut down every time.

I re started my computer and then re opened PT and tried again with the same result of PT disappearing. I increased my processing power and still no luck.

I then switched Elastic into real time mode and was able to make the change as needed with no problem but then every time I tried to switch Elastic back to render mode Pro Tools would shut down in the same way it was before. So I had to finish my session in render mode. There are quite a few breaks throughout the drum tracks...is it possible that they have to be consolidated before they can properly render?

Computer is a quad core amd phenom with 4 gig ram. M audio Project mix with PT8