Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2003, 07:01 AM

Default Re: what mixer do you have?

Tascam DM24. Love it!! Give's me 18 I/O from PT's, onboard effects, HUI, full automation ('cept pres).

Depends on your budget mainly.

Ter

I don't know, what d'you think?
Old 10-17-2003, 07:26 AM

well this is my situation. right now i have a 002r. i am already in need of analog inputs. i would like to use my adat imputs. so i guess something like the digimax and a mackie control would be nice. ive been considering the dm-24 but how are the converters? i just want to buy something i wont out grow in a year. thanx for any help..
Old 10-17-2003, 09:55 AM

The converters are great.

I've had it for 2 years now and I still haven't seen anything better in the price range.

Bit of a warning though, hell of a learning curve outta the box, and Tascam seems to have discontinued there user conference, so you'd be on your own, unless they repost it. Also, the board is stagnent, no updtes planned for the future.

Don't get me wrong, I love the dm24. The next step up for me would be the Mackie D8B, but at 4 times the price, it'll be a while.

If you don't need the automation, don't spend the money, just get a good analog mixer, or hell, just get some varied range strips.

I feel for yah, I went through this a few years ago.

If possible, try and find some facilities near by you can visit and check some out. Someone who knows the board will be able to demonstrate it and point out it's pro's and con's better than any website or music store dude can, especially when it comes to digital.

Good luck.

Ter

I don't know, what d'you think?
Old 10-17-2003, 10:04 AM

Mackie 1604 vlz and Fostex VM88(used for an extra 8 tracks ADAT)