Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 05-30-2019, 10:44 AM

Default How to keep a groupd of clips selected?

When I'm editing voice clips on the time line, I edit several clips and then select the group of clips so I can play them to see if that's what I want. They used to stay selected so I could move my cursor away from the group and then play them together. Now when I remove the cursor, the selection goes away so I have to select them again and then quickly hit play to hear them all together. It seems like they used to stay selected but now they don't. I must have inadvertently changed a setting but I don't know what it was. Can anyone help? I'd like my group of clips to stay selected until I release them myself.
Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-01-2019, 05:39 PM

Default Re: How to keep a groupd of clips selected?

The only thing like this I know of is if you deselect the "Link timeline and edit selection' button top left, you can highlight a group of clips then move the cursor around by clicking in the timeline/counter universe the top rather than on the tracks. and the clips will stay selected. If you click anywhere in the tracks they will still deselect though.