Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 05-01-2010, 06:34 PM

Default Pro tools 7.4 didn't record no waveform

Hi everyone,

I am new with PT, i just got a Mbox2 and a Shure SM58 mic. I installed PT 7.4 on a laptop with windows XP. All good, now I want to record some vocals from the mic. I plugged the mic 1/4 cable into input 1 DI. Create a new audio mono track, set the input on the track to In 1(mono), I did not set anything with the output and the bus. then hit the space bar to start recording. I can see the peak level went up and down when I said something from the mix window...but looks like nothing was being recorded and there was no waveform. Please help I know that the mic is working and the Mbox is good. Must be my limited knowledge of PT. Your help is greatly appreciated.

bunja

PS. Samething happened when I tried to record my electric guitar as an instrument track.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Pro tools 7.4 didn't record no waveform

OKay, first you should crack a manual, but I'll give you a few pointers based on what you have told me. (Besides I think you may have taken my advise on the SM-58)
1. YOu should have gotten a XLR cord with your mic. Set the input to mic and turn the gain knob on your MBox till you get a decent signal. Then arm the individual track and press record and play simultaneously to record. the box under where you can name the track can act as several views. ie: Volume, block, waveform, etc..Make sure it is set to waveform.
2. Your guitar should also be set to an audio track. Instrument tracks are for the instruments in the plug-ins. (for MIDI)
Hope this helps.