Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 12-01-2020, 07:09 AM

Default Re: .ptx file corruption-missing audio and video files- no way to relink-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvo3675 View Post
Same problem here. Delivering a mix Thanksgiving Day 2020. Open up the session and backups and all are corrupt. I have to go back to one functioning backup file and remix hours worth of work.

Any solution here AVID?
Which PT version?
Old 12-02-2020, 04:17 PM

Default Re: .ptx file corruption-missing audio and video files- no way to relink-

New to this thread and I had the same bug bite me. Thanksgiving Day and because wife was working I decided to tweak an 83 minute doc I'd been working on. Opened the movie mix and almost everything was gone. Found an untouched backup session a few hours of work back and had to repair. I did use RX7 Connect throughout the project but won't be using it until I see a resolution to this.
BTW, this is the third time this has happened for me over the last two years. Called Avid on the second incident and they acknowledged it and said they were working on it with no solution offered. Have never bothered to call back as I updated after that and it didn't happen again until now. I just updated to the latest PT but my recent crash happened on PT 2019.12 running on OS 10.14.6.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:19 PM

Here we are again,

Pro Tools 2020.12 and still no bug fix for this! AVID, let's get a response here?

What's the deal, we're paying support plans here and getting killed with this one! Help us out!