Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 09-11-2019, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Yeah like the prompts you get whilst installing a new Waves plug, that ask you if you want to include the current updates not apparently installed, and you take the install updates later option only to find when you go back to find these apparent updates no longer exists.... perhaps they didn’t exist in the first place..... perhaps they are imaginary updates..... yup gotta love those Waves updates.

I use Waves plugs.... only the one I have selectively installed. I don’t see the point in buying one of those large several thousands of dollars worth of a bundle as most of them will probably never be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
No, I'm talking about their promise with wich they advertised their move to subscription. That we get more frequent releases in return. That's what they tried to soften the blow with but didn't follow through.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 09-11-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meads View Post
So Waves breaking promises is sacrilege and grounds for begrudging them for centuries to come, but Avid doing the same will be defended by you time and time and time again.
At least Waves don't penalize you for letting your WUP lapse. They welcome you back with open arms anytime, should you change your salty mind. I kinda appreciate that.
You make a good point my friend but to some Avid can do no wrong!
Old 09-11-2019, 12:41 PM

I'm good on high Sierra and current version. Stable and fast. But I do wonder what the maintenance plan is for. I've never called avid about anything. And the software doesn't really need new things.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Might be as the rest of the world understands it, but in IT world there are no software maintenance teams, all coding is development be it fixing old issues or inventing new ones.
I understand, but 1) maintenance costs can be included in the basic purchase. It was so before, and we were already in a computer world.2) We must return to the promises of Avid, when explaining the reason (official) subscriptions: they exceeded much maintenance stories. 3) You have to look at the competition, which is also programming. Competitors develop more by charging less. I am now working with Cubase, but I also went to see Studio One, Samplitude (which I bought). The developments are incomparable. Behind the frustration of subscription and rising prices, there is first the lack of development (and for some uses the lack of stability). ARA is a good example. I work with Melodyne Studio directly in Cubase. No Melodyne user can say it's worthless. It's just a revolution as a function.Cubase, Studio One, Samplitude have ARA. Avid does not even think about it. And this is just an example.
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com
Old 09-11-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
LOL! The tools of Pro Tools...
16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Patriot - Spark 256GB SSD System Drive
Patriot - Ignite 480GB SSD Work Drive
Hisense 43" 4K Display
Presonus Quantum
OS - Windows 10 Pro

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, Just pee on it and walk away.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:22 PM

I'd also like to see ARA but I don't work with Melodyne every week so doesn't bother me so much
Old 09-12-2019, 12:00 AM

ARA is NOT for Melodyne only.
It's an extension that benefits the workflow of other major apps like, Izotope RX, Vocalign, Revoice Pro, Autotune Pro and many others will follow.

I use Melodyne and Vocalign in Studio One and makes editing a breeze...
When i have to work in PT using the Audiosuite with Vocalign for example, is so lame and dated that looks ridiculous...
It's about time for Avid to catch up with the modern workflow, just sayin....

Cheers!
Old 09-12-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
It's an extension that benefits the workflow of other major apps like, Izotope RX, Vocalign, Revoice Pro, Autotune Pro and many others will follow.
Just making stuff up?
Izotope doesn’t support ARA.
Autotune Pro doesn’t support the ARA standards and only works with Studio One 3 & 4 and not other ARA2 DAWs.

Fine mess already. It is a Celemony/Presonus product in the end as an extension to previously established open plugin formats (VST/AU.) The ones ProTools doesn’t use. The ones Cubendo and Logic do.
The lack of understanding of this is what will delay/prohibit ARA support in ProTools.
Pro Tools Ult 2024.3.1, HDX 2, MTRX/SPQ, RME BBF Pro + MADIface Pro • S1 x 2, Fire Max11 x 2, Dock, iPad Air5 • Mac Mini 14,12, 12 core, macOS 13.6.6 • RAM 32GB, SSD 4TB, GPU 19 core • QNAP TVS-872XT 148TB TB3
Old 09-12-2019, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Just making stuff up?
Izotope doesn’t support ARA.
Autotune Pro doesn’t support the ARA standards and only works with Studio One 3 & 4 and not other ARA2 DAWs.

Fine mess already. It is a Celemony/Presonus product in the end as an extension to previously established open plugin formats (VST/AU.) The ones ProTools doesn’t use. The ones Cubendo and Logic do.
The lack of understanding of this is what will delay/prohibit ARA support in ProTools.
Izotope doesn’t support ARA* ......yet....(sorry shouldn't let this slip out).

Autotune Pro: Currently ARA support is only offered for Auto-Tune Pro in the Studio One 3 and Studio One 4 DAWs. It has ARA nevertheless, even if it works in Studio One only for now.

DAWs supporting ARA: Apple Logic Pro X, Steinberg Cubase and Nuendo, Presonus Studio One, Bandlab Cakewalk, Magix Samplitude Pro, Cockos Reaper, Acoustica Mixcraft and Tracktion Waveform.

ARA is Celemony's technology adapted by Presonus since the beginning of it's iteration. Anyway....

Talking about mess? AVID is the definition of it....

Cheers!
Old 09-12-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:

I use Melodyne and Vocalign in Studio One and makes editing a breeze...
When i have to work in PT using the Audiosuite with Vocalign for example, is so lame and dated that looks ridiculous...
It's about time for Avid to catch up with the modern workflow, just sayin....

Cheers!

+1
  • Mac Studio M2 Ultra 2023. 2T. 128 Go. + 2X 4 T NVMe ext.
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz 64 Go, full SSD

• Roland V-Piano, Novation 88
  • Etc.
  • www.claudemarcbourget.com