Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2011, 06:38 AM

Default Re: questionable quality of Euphonix Artist Series?

cool

good ideas here! thanks all
Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
I wouldn't glue it. In case you ever needed to open the unit up such as to clean the faders or something. Maybe break off a piece of a toothpick or posterboard and jam it into the plastic slot so the metal fader has more to grab onto. It just sounds like some of them were manufactured too wide.
I'd take a little cotton off a Q-tip and put it into the knob. Make it more snug.

But I haven't tried that since mine don't fly off.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 AM

I just received my replacement MC Mix from Avid, because of housing cracks.

I bought my MC Mix used, initially, so it was not only out of warranty, but I had no proof of purchase. They offered to either replace the housing for $44, or replace the unit entirely for a brand new one for $144. I opted to swap it for a brand new one, and voila! New MC Mix.

It's still a Euphonix branded unit--no Avid here. But the knobs do feel better, and everything else seems to be good. Hopefully no housing cracks will develop again. Kudos to Avid for being helpful and getting me a replacement unit as quick as possible.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobeware View Post
YOU CAN'T REGISTER! It's what I've been trying to tell you. It's broken. Can you at least reply back and let me know what to do? [email protected] no one's been home there for 3 weeks. You can't have 1 employee man that email address???

see here:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=298469

see this thread, looks like they've been ignoring customers for months:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=290417
Did you see the post from another user who was just entering the serial number incorrectly?

Can you tell me the email address you used to register (codify it so it doesn't get bot harvested - like: vi [at] digidesign [dot] com. Or just send me an email to that address with your registration info...).
Old 04-12-2011, 07:32 PM

Very cool John, thanks for your reply concerning the cracking and touch screen issues.
I purchased my mix and control when they first came out however they have been in storage and unused. I was really quite concerned about setting the units up and having a issue with them, but I feel safe enough now with your support should I have any troubles we can find a way to resolve the matter.

In the end customer support makes all the difference to me, thanks.

RenShen
Old 04-17-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Did you see the post from another user who was just entering the serial number incorrectly?

Can you tell me the email address you used to register (codify it so it doesn't get bot harvested - like: vi [at] digidesign [dot] com. Or just send me an email to that address with your registration info...).

I sent you an email 5 days ago. Still no reply from that address either.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:45 PM

Angry Re: questionable quality of Euphonix Artist Series?

I also am very unhappy with my Mc Control. I unfortunately was an early adopter that spent tons on the darn thing.

-------
Pros:
-------

-concept is great, software inside all DAW's that works with all euphonics controllers is a great idea. Too bad execution of the product doesn't live up.

-faders feel great.

-customizable LCD buttons are awesome

-------
Cons:
-------

-I've used TWO brand new units of which BOTH units legs cracked the bottom plastic of the body AND the legs, such that the legs wobble, the top case is loose and broken plastic floats around inside. TWO UNITS! That's a design flaw...

-Knob feel are completely useless, they are to slow or fast (too sensitive). Terrible, completely unusable for any realtime control of any plugin param.

-jog wheel again terrible feel, doesn't roll nicely, scrapes along, wiggles, can't grab the edges

-touch screen is terrible, sometimes you have to pound it hard with your finger to get it to recognize. Stick to iPad/iPod for touch anything...

-faders giggle around when not even moving, creates unwanted, distracting noise while you are trying to mix.

-The protocol is very sensitive, EuControl software often FAILS TO CONNECT with an error dialog of some kind. Often requires a restart to get the thing going.

-doesn't do fader flip (plugin params on faders)

-if the unit is powered off you might as well restart, it can be impossible sometimes to get the thing communicating with the software again. Better to just start over and never turn it off

-euphonics studio monitor express software (allows software control of your studio monitor outs) is a joke. The app to set it up is unclear and difficult to decipher. Help is too basic to be helpful. And software control of studio monitors is a dumb idea to begin with cause when the software fails/ isn't running/ crashes your audio goes to wide open and you blasts your face off or better yet blows your speakers. Happened to me after demo'ing it for somebody. I'm not risking my 3500 dollar monitors with this last minute half-assed idea of monitor control software.

-the concept of the pages and pages of buttons (DAW commands) is ridiculous. If you page down and down (while connected to Nuendo anyway) you will run through some 80 pages of key commands in no good order at all. How fast is that work flow, instead of memorizing a key command press the down button 80 times on the euphonics LCD screen to get to you command you need. GOOD IDEA! Psh...

Basically I feel like Euphonics should pay me for all my time LOST with this damn thing. One of the worst purchases I've ever made. Seriously.

I'm not sure if V2 is better, never used it, but called in to support and pleaded for an upgrade to V2 pricing and they said no. Basically have to pay again for a V2 unit that actually works.

Too bad... really too bad. I've never made a post like this before. I'm just sooo fed up with this thing I created an account JUST for this thread.

I'd recommend the $8 AC-7 Core iPad app (virtual HUI controller) over this $1600 mc control.

And one more thing, don't you love the fact that the mc control retailed for $1200 until Avid bought Euphonix and now retail price is $1600!!! Gee thanks!

My recommendation is DON'T BUY IT.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt

I sent you an email 5 days ago. Still no reply from that address either.

two weeks later still no reply so now we're on two months trying to get in contact with Digi