Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 04-01-2021, 07:06 PM

Default Pro Tools Freezes During Launch ??? (Stuck on Native Instruments Plug-ins)

I recently upgraded to a MacMini M1 (1TB SSD Internal Storage, 16GB Memory). I installed my Native Instruments plug-ins, my other plug-ins, and today I installed Pro Tools. When I launch Pro Tools, it will not finish loading plug-ins and never makes it to the main menu. It freezes up during "Loading Plug-Ins:" and it usually stops on a Native Instruments plug-in like "Massive X." This has also happened to me on my previous Mac.. I need to get Pro Tools working again, how can I stop this from happening and still use all of my plug-ins? This problem is quite strange, among the many other problems I've experienced with Pro Tools over the years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ProTools-LaunchIssue.jpg (21.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-01-2021, 07:07 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Freezes During Launch ??? (Stuck on Native Instruments Plug-ins)

Apple Silicon is not yet supported

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2021, 04:06 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Freezes During Launch ??? (Stuck on Native Instruments Plug-ins)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Apple Silicon is not yet supported

It's not just Avid either. Not all NI products are supported on Apple Silicon either. See this: https://support.native-instruments.c...atibility-News

QAPLA!
Old 04-03-2021, 03:57 PM

@JFreak Oh, okay. SO is there any work around with this so I can at least run Pro Tools, without those plug-ins available yet? I'm pretty sure I've heard of people being able to still run Pro Tools at the least.
Old 04-03-2021, 04:18 PM

Default Pro Tools Freezes During Launch ??? (Stuck on Native Instruments Plug-ins)

Remove the plugins from your plugin folder and place them in the unused plugins folder and they won’t be scanned and included the next time you launch Pro Tools. Once you get Pro Tools running, move them back in batches and you’ll find which ones will work and which won’t. You can definitely start with Massive X. That relies on AVX instructions within modern Intel CPUs so no chance that’s going to work on an M1 Mac. It doesn’t even work on older Macs like the Cheesegrater Mac Pros.

Next time, be diligent and do some research. There’s a wealth of information online and on here. Haphazardly buying a new Mac with an entirely different CPU architecture is a gamble. Will some things work? Probably. But you’re in unsupported territory with a lot of software until everyone updates their products.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:24 PM

@Sardi Oh this makes sense, thank you for the help. Also, the end of your reply was unnecessary. No need to try to teach people about having the diligence to research. FYI, I'm very diligent in my research, but sometimes I still like to ask questions on forums. It never hurts... You're talking to a Berklee College of Music student, so uh... yeah research and questions are essential to me in terms of music production and software. I appreciate the necessary part of your reply though. Good day!
Old 04-03-2021, 09:02 PM

If you took offence to that, I apologise. I did not mean to offend.

But... there have been countless threads on here and other pro audio sites of people buying the latest Macs and then having issues trying to run unsupported software. Throw a brand new architecture into the mix and you’re literally on the bleeding edge.

Again, I apologise if I offended you, but it really does require pointing this stuff out as it’s just a continual influx of people with issues which could be alleviated with a bit of research.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astokes_music View Post
@Sardi Oh this makes sense, thank you for the help. Also, the end of your reply was unnecessary. No need to try to teach people about having the diligence to research. FYI, I'm very diligent in my research, but sometimes I still like to ask questions on forums. It never hurts... You're talking to a Berklee College of Music student, so uh... yeah research and questions are essential to me in terms of music production and software. I appreciate the necessary part of your reply though. Good day!
I always do my research before purchasing anything - that's where you failed. Saves me a ton of money and butt-hurt. Berklee teaches music - not common sense.

QAPLA!
Old 04-04-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astokes_music View Post
I recently upgraded to a MacMini M1 (1TB SSD Internal Storage, 16GB Memory). I installed my Native Instruments plug-ins, my other plug-ins, and today I installed Pro Tools. When I launch Pro Tools, it will not finish loading plug-ins and never makes it to the main menu. It freezes up during "Loading Plug-Ins:" and it usually stops on a Native Instruments plug-in like "Massive X." This has also happened to me on my previous Mac.. I need to get Pro Tools working again, how can I stop this from happening and still use all of my plug-ins? This problem is quite strange, among the many other problems I've experienced with Pro Tools over the years.
Try to uninstall FB360 plugins that are installed with Pro Tools, there’s an incompatibility with some NI software (I think Maschine plugin). Maybe it can help.