Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 11-24-2015, 07:36 AM

Default ASIO device properties error - Saffire PRO

I posted the following question in the incorrect forum, should have been in this one:

Hi everyone. After upgrading to Windows 10 I've been getting the following message after opening PT 11 sessions with Spectrasonics Omnisphere or RMX Stylus or after loading sounds from these instruments (not when instantiating them for the first time):

"ASIO device properties have been changed by the device control panel. ProTools must be restrated for these changes to take effect. Please restart ProTools."

The problem is that I may have to restart PT many times before it works again or restart the PC various times. I'm using the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 with the latest driver. I noticed that the Saffire's FW Active light blinks right before the error pops up. The instruments' sound are not changing the sample rate of the session nor trying to access the Saffire's driver (as per Spectrasonics answer to an email I sent them).

I contacted Focusrite and have followed all their recommendations (like disabling other sound devices, etc), but the problem persists. Their last recommendation was to try the instruments with Reaper and lo and behold, they work flawlessly there. So I'm assuming it's either a PT issue or Windows 10.

It's frustrating since it can take me so long to actually be able to start using PT with these awesome synths. Any recommendations?
Old 11-27-2015, 11:32 PM

Default Re: ASIO device properties error - Saffire PRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rems View Post
I posted the following question in the incorrect forum, should have been in this one:

Hi everyone. After upgrading to Windows 10 I've been getting the following message after opening PT 11 sessions with Spectrasonics Omnisphere or RMX Stylus or after loading sounds from these instruments (not when instantiating them for the first time):

"ASIO device properties have been changed by the device control panel. ProTools must be restrated for these changes to take effect. Please restart ProTools."

The problem is that I may have to restart PT many times before it works again or restart the PC various times. I'm using the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 with the latest driver. I noticed that the Saffire's FW Active light blinks right before the error pops up. The instruments' sound are not changing the sample rate of the session nor trying to access the Saffire's driver (as per Spectrasonics answer to an email I sent them).

I contacted Focusrite and have followed all their recommendations (like disabling other sound devices, etc), but the problem persists. Their last recommendation was to try the instruments with Reaper and lo and behold, they work flawlessly there. So I'm assuming it's either a PT issue or Windows 10.

It's frustrating since it can take me so long to actually be able to start using PT with these awesome synths. Any recommendations?
Hi, I was having the same problems with Pro Tools 12 and Windows 10, but with a TCE StudioKonnekt 48. I have a Saffire 56 but never tried it in Windows 10. I got so frustrated with it, I went back to Windows 7. I like Windows 10, but won't go back to it until both Pro Tools and the TCE are qualified for it.

Pro Tools 2024.3

Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 12-02-2015, 09:59 AM

Default Re: ASIO device properties error - Saffire PRO

cwsand, I hear ya! I do plan on giving it another try because Focusrite will verify my system remotely to see if they find a solution. I'll let you know.