Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2015, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Need help with Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtizzle613 View Post
I managed to get rid of the error code and figure out the I/O issues, also I now know how to insert instruments and arm the tracks but the only instrument it allows me to insert is TL Metro and when I hit play it's basically just a click track. I want to be able to play something on the keyboard or use the drum pad to make some noise and record something. I have also tried plugging my guitar into the Mbox via the Pull-20dB port.
You STILL haven't given us any info on your system or how it's set up so we can't help you. We need a complete run down of your setup and what you're trying to do.

QAPLA!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:34 PM

Anybody able to help me? I want to assign sounds to the trigger panels (Axiom 25 2nd gen) or even notes to the keys but can't figure out how to. I've watched videos online and there only seems to be stuff about the 1st gen ones and since there is no "advanced" button on this keyboard it makes it hard to follow some of the steps they are showing. I've also looking into several other forums but nobody has been able to give me an answer yet. If anyone is experience with this keyboard or knows what I need to do in pro tools in order to set this up and get it working I would greatly appreciate their knowledge. I've posted a couple of times back on this thread and nobody has the balls to respond.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:34 PM

Oh, I apologize, the forum didn't properly refresh. Let me read what you wrote.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:37 PM

My system? I'm using a macbook pro, mid 2010, OS X Yosemite (OS), 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 Processor, Pro Tools 10 v. 10.0 , Axiom 25 2nd gen, Mbox and that's about it. I have the Axiom and Mbox connected to the computer via USB but something tells me this isn't the information your looking for...
Old 03-31-2015, 10:57 PM

Default Need help with Pro Tools

EDIT: I now realize you said you have solved your CPU issues, so the stuff below may not be needed any more...

That CPU error is likely...
1. Improper setup (including often improper disk setup not actually CPU).
2. Buggy 3rd party plugins
3. Just running out of CPU for what you are trying to do
4. A bug in Pro Tools

What disk drive are you recording to? You are supposed to have a drive dedicated for just sessions/audio data. 7200 rpm or faster or a good SSD. So that is an additional drive over your boot/system drive.

What interface and driver version are you using? What exactly is the playback engine selected in the playback engine dialog panel... Do *not* use an aggregate IO device.

What are all your playback engine settings? Start with #cpu=3 and io buffer set to 512 and ignore errors *not* checked and see if you can get the system to run stably.

Make sure every last systems optimization were done (check they are still done). All in the Pro Tools Installation Guide and under the "Help Us help you...." Link on this web page.

If you have installed 3rd party plugins/VIs and the system is still unstable then do the standard troubleshooting steps of moving all third party plugins files out of the plugin folders (there are two for Pro Tools 10, one for RTAS and one for AAX, Google got their locations). A plugin can cause problems if loaded in Pro Tools but not even used/instantiated so to debug this you need to move the plugin files so they don't load when Pro Tools is starting up.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:49 PM

Well, I appreciate you writing back and as for the I/O issues I was having, apparently I never fixed them after all but the cpu error isn't coming up anymore so I'm happy with that. Unfortunately you asked a lot of questions involving things I don't really understand as I'm new to Pro Tools and am not sure how to figure out the answers to some of them. If you have further instructions on how I could supply you with those answers I would be glad to give them a shot and find out what you may need to know in order to help further progress me. I'd like to say thank you to anyone who was also replied as I may have been frustrated earlier and I feel bad about it because I am so extremely passionate about music and wanting to make my own but am also very impatient and subsequently inexperienced so thank you guys for any help you have provided thus far and I will continue to be here waiting for more direction. Thanks again!
Old 04-01-2015, 02:17 AM

I need to be spoon fed.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:05 AM

You say you can only find the click plug-in in instruments.

Well THIS is your problem.

Go to track>create new track> choose stereo instrument track

Now go to insert and scroll down to instruments.... you should find some instruments in here such as XPand and some synths.

Choose one of these and select a sound, your keyboard should be able to control these sounds.

If you don't have any other instruments available besides the click then you haven't installed all the software correctly.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:11 AM

Track-New...-Stereo-Instrument Track-Ticks or Samples? Tried both, both lead me to either multichannel plug-in-Instrument-TL Metro (stereo), multi-mono plug-in-Instrument-Click (mono), How do I install the correct software? Thank you stickboymusic.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:14 AM

Tick is tied to metronome and samples is tied to wall clock