Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 01:03 PM

Default my fave fx

hey pt'ers

back in the days using different sequencers I used to use a couple of fx very often...

I miss them dearly and would like to know if there is anything similar for ptle7

firstly....'mysteriser'.(cubase)..this I used on most things as a very easy way to eq/filter sounds and especially good for live automation passes..it was simply a circle that contained an xy axis with a small crosshair that shifted the sounds according to mouse movement..different types of filter could be controlled along with delay variables

I am sure there are many filters out there..I also own a great program called camelspace (need to buy vst wrapper....)but to me the best part was the user interface...the axis made it so intuitive and great to use

the other effect is from logic...called 'tape delay' and specifically the space dub setting.....loved the sound of this and riding the feedback level produced great results -subtle to obscene.....is this effect emulated ?????available anywhere but logic???

if anyone else has used these effects and is missing them as much as me, then please reply

i'm gonna see if I still have the mysterizer vst dll....somewhere...have to get that wrapper soon....fingers crossed

peace
Old 10-19-2006, 02:49 PM

Default Re: my fave fx

you'll need the wrapper but plugin 'tape delay' @ http://www.interruptor.ch/vst_overview.shtml has the closest thing to my Space Echo I've ever heard. The feedback knob *will get you in trouble. the good kind. the other delays, particularly echomania are pure madness. good times.

will