Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2014, 10:01 AM

Default MIDI assignment to control faders - interfers with NI Massive - choose channel in PT?

Hey everybody,

I'm running Massive in PT 10 (Mac, mavericks) and I also assigned MIDI CC's to control volume, pan, transport etc. in PT. I'm controlling Massive with the Maschine MK2 controller, which works fine in stand-alone.

The problem is that PT picks up CC signals from ALL channels to control all these PT parameters (volume, pan etc.). And it's driving me insane!

For example: MIDI CC 17 in Ch.1 triggers a volume fader in PT and at the same time a feature in Massive. Even if I assign the MIDI controller that controls Massive to another channel (for example channel 5) and change the Massive MIDI setting to the same channel (channel 5), PT will still pick it up, no matter which channel it is. The problem is, that I would have to reassign a whole template that is basically ready and works perfect.

I'm also running MIDI monitor, so know where the signals are coming from and what they are saying.

Where can I set up which MIDI channel PT uses to control volume, pan, transport etc.?

Anybody any advice?

Thanks so much!
Kai