Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2002, 07:52 AM

Default Mac HD User Considering Switch To PC

Due to problems with my HD system I have come to a point where I am considering switching to PC. One of the main reasons is that I have found it very difficult to get spare parts for my MAC G4. And I fully beleive they are overpriced and hyped up as well.

My question is. Why did you guys chose a PC over the MAC. I never realised until 2 days ago that the hardware (cards) are exactly the same. When I bought my first Mix+ system I was fully advised not to go the PC route because of all the problems you guys are supposed to have. (is that true) When I bought the Pt's system that was also my introduction to apple Macs. Before that I had used PC's occasionaly for music but mainly for games and office work.

What are the advantages in your opinion

what are the disadvantages

any other suggestions advice would be most appreciated.
[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

PS I kind of asked this question in an earlier post but didnt really get the answers i was looking for. Its mainly why do you guys use the PC instead of the MAC.