Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-27-2010, 04:13 AM
JonesH JonesH is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 159
Default What's the most common PT problems and their solutions?

I was thinking it could be useful with a sort of FAQ thread with common questions and answers regarding issues encountered with Pro Tools (that is; no "how do I..." questions, only "why does..." ).

These can be most commonly encountered DAE errors, playback issues, file issues, reasons for instability and such.

Please, someone, get the ball rolling?
__________________
I just wanna do engineering...

(as opposed to make music :/ )
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-27-2010, 06:18 AM
The Dougfather The Dougfather is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: What's the most common PT problems and their solutions?

Quote:
These can be most commonly encountered DAE errors, playback issues, file issues, reasons for instability and such.
Doesn't the comprehensive general troubleshooting thread cover most issues?
__________________
iMac i5 2.8GHz, Macbook Pro 2.4GHz, Pro Tools 10/11, MOTU 828mk2, Presonus Digimax FS, Presonus Firestudio Project, TC Konnekt 24D
---
iCON Photography
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-27-2010, 03:52 PM
JonesH JonesH is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 159
Default Re: What's the most common PT problems and their solutions?

Sorry, it might actually fill exactly that function. I didn't see the more specific topics in there before.

Mods, please kill this thread dead.
__________________
I just wanna do engineering...

(as opposed to make music :/ )
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-28-2010, 06:10 AM
mhelm01 mhelm01 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 337
Default Re: What's the most common PT problems and their solutions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesH View Post
I was thinking it could be useful with a sort of FAQ thread with common questions and answers regarding issues encountered with Pro Tools (that is; no "how do I..." questions, only "why does..." ).

These can be most commonly encountered DAE errors, playback issues, file issues, reasons for instability and such.

Please, someone, get the ball rolling?
Most common issue: User Error.
Solution: RTFM
__________________
2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
6 GB SDRAM
3 1 TB WD Caviar Black Hard Drives
Eleven Rack, Axiom 61
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-28-2010, 06:14 AM
therecordinghouse therecordinghouse is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Fort Wayne, IN.
Posts: 1,094
Default Re: What's the most common PT problems and their solutions?

"how come my songs sound like doodie, and are not as loud as nickelback songs i hurd on da radio?"


because you are not a recording or mixing engineer....
__________________
Lynn Graber
Studio and Mobile Recording, Fort Wayne, IN.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-29-2010, 02:45 PM
JazzSax_UT JazzSax_UT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SLC
Posts: 8
Default Re: What's the most common PT problems and their solutions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by therecordinghouse View Post
"how come my songs sound like doodie, and are not as loud as nickelback songs i hurd on da radio?"


because you are not a recording or mixing engineer....
And you don't have a producer behind you with no concept of dynamics... just LOUD!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-10-2011, 09:48 PM
GAMEOFRULE GAMEOFRULE is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CALGARY CANADA
Posts: 2
Angry Re: What's the most common PT problems and their solutions?

Hi All

I am an unfortunate PT 9 user. this is first time I am using this software and anything from AVID (and it would be last time as well.)

first of all it objected to interface UA-4FX .... it is under-discussion with AVID support. it did not launch at all.

then I borrowed ZOOM R8 from a friend and now it is opening at last after struggle of 7 days /nights....... reading 100's of pages from internet.....

Now it is not showing any plug-in creative collection isntruments .... I added a track and then in the mix window , tried to find XPAND 2 or boom or anything else ,,,, but nothing is there ..... In the program folders there is a folder called pro tools creative collection and all .big files are present but not working for me.
and now I am reading blogs and joining forums again..... this is What they call "Industry standard software".

I dnt know what industry is thinking about it now.......

but it is a sure fail. it is not at all user friendly , even a freeware like AUDACITY is far easier to learn and stable than Pro Tools ,,,,, they use very beautiful and tempting description to entice you and that is it......I wish I can get rid of it in some way coz I am still unable to even use it after about 7-8 days struggle.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Darryl Ramm Darryl Ramm is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 13,082
Default Re: What's the most common PT problems and their solutions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEOFRULE View Post
Hi All

I am an unfortunate PT 9 user. this is first time I am using this software and anything from AVID (and it would be last time as well.)

first of all it objected to interface UA-4FX .... it is under-discussion with AVID support. it did not launch at all.

then I borrowed ZOOM R8 from a friend and now it is opening at last after struggle of 7 days /nights....... reading 100's of pages from internet.....

Now it is not showing any plug-in creative collection isntruments .... I added a track and then in the mix window , tried to find XPAND 2 or boom or anything else ,,,, but nothing is there ..... In the program folders there is a folder called pro tools creative collection and all .big files are present but not working for me.
and now I am reading blogs and joining forums again..... this is What they call "Industry standard software".

I dnt know what industry is thinking about it now.......

but it is a sure fail. it is not at all user friendly , even a freeware like AUDACITY is far easier to learn and stable than Pro Tools ,,,,, they use very beautiful and tempting description to entice you and that is it......I wish I can get rid of it in some way coz I am still unable to even use it after about 7-8 days struggle.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Start a new thread for your problems. Piling onto an existing thread is going to end up in a confusing mess.

Read the link at the top of this page "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" and provide as much information about your system and details of exact problems and exactly what you have tried so far to solve them.

To start with you can ignore external interfaces, instantiate Pro Tools just the Mac built-in output (hold down "n" at the Pro Tools splash screen and choose the built-in output as the playback engine).

Read the general troubleshooting guide (old but a good) at http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=240754. See also http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=287927. When you create a new thread here say exactly what steps/suggestions from these that you have completed.

When the plugins were greyed out and you tried to navigate to the .big files explain exactly what you did and what happened.

Please don't post back here. Start a new thread.

Darryl
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro Tools 9 Technical FAQ - Solutions to common problems DigiTechSupt Pro Tools 9 2 09-26-2011 03:30 PM
Common Problems? Sample Rate!! zeroclip Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) 1 02-15-2006 05:43 AM
Very common problems with X and LE 6. nessein 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 0 11-20-2003 04:44 AM
001 for XP - Problems and solutions fredster 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 0 07-20-2002 09:16 PM
What are the most common problems with Digi 001? geetarbill 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 3 05-21-2001 11:23 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:21 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com