Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2018, 07:50 PM

Default Bug: audio glitches editing stereo tracks in playlist view.

I just wanted to flag this bug, as I've only seen one other post about it in audio post forum.

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...a-tab-comments

While track view is in playlist mode (showing all the playlists below the main track), for stereo tracks, any edit makes the audio gap for a moment.

Also, if you have a loop going, with timeline and edit selection linked, making an edit breaks the loop.

This should have been a blocking bug!

Again, I'm trying to sell someone on adopting Pro Tools, and run into a show stopper.

I'm very frustrated, it's not worth adding new features if they break fundamental functionality.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Bug: audio glitches editing stereo tracks in playlist view.

I was about to post about this rather annoying bug. I've noticed it on two different systems now in 2 studios on 2018.1 and 2018.3 (Mac OS). Quite a hinderance when working in the normally super fast playlist domain.

I've undertaken the unenviable task of making all stereo tracks, multi-mono until the bug is addressed.

thanks Avid chaps in advance of fixing this
Old 04-02-2018, 06:48 AM

Instead of putting bugs on ideascale (which is supposed to be for new features) log the bug to Avid Support Center (ASC). That way things get fixed. That’s why we have “support plans” now too — might as well use them. Open a case so they get more info and can reproduce the bug.

The forums aren’t the official way to get attention on bugs either.

For what it’s worth, haven’t run into this issue. Might be because i’m on HDX and that handles voices differently. This is where logging to the ASC and full system info can help.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:51 AM

Holy Moly I've just come across this "bug" (v2018.4)

How on earth did this pass any sort of stress test? The fact that the audio drops out just because you separate a clip on a playlist - that simplest of editing procedures - is an awful, awful thing. And then, should you undo the edit, the play cursor jumps to the edit point, rather than staying where it should!

Honestly you'd expect better behaviour from a child's toy, let alone an industry standard DAW.