Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2013, 02:42 AM

Default Just got the 11R, how do I Meshuggah?

Hey guys and gals,

A week ago I sold my little Peavey Bandit 112 and bought an eleven rack. After playing with it a bit I'm not impressed with the distorted tones. I checked the eleven rack preset forum, and found a couple decent presets mainly the Diezel Herbert and VH4 ones, but even they sound kind of over-gained and fuzzy. Now I'm here to bother y'all. How do you get your super saturated, tight, crunchy type tones? I'm talking Chaosphere type bottomless low end brutality here, none of that fuzzy-wuzzy babies first distortion pedal nonsense.

I noticed that the guy who did the Diezel presets used two Graphic EQ pedals, one before and one after the amp in the signal chain and I'm curious why he did...

MY specs: Agile 8 String with Passive Cepheus pu's (I'ma upgrade that next) running into my favorite orange toy and also a Tosin Looper, and out to two brand new Yamaha hs50m monitors, or alternatively my AudioTechnica m50s.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:51 AM

Default Re: Just got the 11R, how do I Meshuggah?

first, download Benoni's presets.....he has more djenty presets than anyone. if you can't find your tone there, get the singtall superpack; there are a few good djent rigs in there.

about the eq's: the eleven rack is close to real world amps; in the real world, you would use either a graphic eq or tube screamer to clean up the front end of an amp when doing Meshuggah tones. once you mic your rig, the studio engineer would use an eq to shape your final tone. and so it is with the eleven rack. if you want good tone, that's how you get it.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:57 PM

I've got tons of high gain presets over at my 11R blog that you can download.
Just click the link in my signature.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-23-2013, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by og218 View Post
Hey guys and gals,

A week ago I sold my little Peavey Bandit 112 and bought an eleven rack. After playing with it a bit I'm not impressed with the distorted tones. I checked the eleven rack preset forum, and found a couple decent presets mainly the Diezel Herbert and VH4 ones, but even they sound kind of over-gained and fuzzy. Now I'm here to bother y'all. How do you get your super saturated, tight, crunchy type tones? I'm talking Chaosphere type bottomless low end brutality here, none of that fuzzy-wuzzy babies first distortion pedal nonsense.
So, are you after a fully mixed sound that is done by processing the raw recorded tones with a full suite of plugins used in a DAW, that are double or quad tracked and then mastered by an audio engineer with another suite of audio plugins, like you hear on a CD, for a live setting?

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP
Old 03-24-2013, 01:56 AM

He should have stayed with his Peavey Bandit 112
Seems like he got some super saturated, tight, crunchy type bottomless low end brutality out of that
Old 03-28-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredo View Post
He should have stayed with his Peavey Bandit 112
Seems like he got some super saturated, tight, crunchy type bottomless low end brutality out of that
hehe - really.