Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2009, 01:02 PM

Cool How to authorize Paid software Options on ilok

Hello,

I am a registered Protools Le 7.4 user. I upgraded to 7.4 upon purchasing Mbox2 micro. The original cd comes with third party plugins and and paid software options folder. I can't use the plugins unless I have ilok authorization.

So on yesterday, I ordered a ilok usb card, I'm still not able to access the plugins because I don't have a license. So I would like to know is how can I get digidesign to send my licenses for the Paid Software Options.

Files in this Paid Software Option Folder includes:
  1. Dv toolkit 2
  2. LE Factory bundles
  3. Music production toolkit
  4. Plugins

If the files in this folder are Paid Software, does that means that I can get a full license to use them since they came with the Protools LE 7.3 CD? If not, I think that is it not fair to pay money for a ilok usb drive and have to buy licenses for paid software that accompanied the original Protools Le Mbox 2 micro system. I am not sure if I posted in the correct location, but maybe I can get some good leads or help with this problem.

Thank You
Tony Nailz
Old 03-06-2009, 01:44 PM

Default Re: How to authorize Paid software Options on ilok

Hi tony,

Are you sure you paid for all the software packages you have shown above? That’s a lot of dollars (well over a grand) and I’m sure you have a record of it. When you paid for them Digi gave you a link to authorize them. Follow that link and follow the instructions. Now you’re ready to go to ilok.com and download those auths to your ilok. You can go to “my digi” to double check on your purchase record.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-06-2009, 01:56 PM

Actually, I purchased the Mbox micro system from musicians Friend. I have registered my product with digidesign and obtained the PTLE7.4 update.

The cd came with the additional plugins that I listed above. I'm not sure if they would carry a demo license or if they were apart of the system (with full license). I have managed to download the free plugins here on mydigi. I have managed to authorize the cosmonaut voice plugin, but its a 14 day demo. I did not have the slightest idea that you have to
  1. buy the (oh so expensive protools system
  2. buy ilok (option that I have taken)
  3. continue to build up my protools system by purchasing additional plugins
  4. keep my program upto date with the latest updates that are not free.

All I need is to find out if I can authorize the plugins that came with my Mbox system.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNailz View Post
If the files in this folder are Paid Software, does that means that I can get a full license to use them since they came with the Protools LE 7.3 CD?
No. The DV toolkit costs $1295, and the Music Production Toolkit costs $395. I'd imagine the third party plug-ins are probably demo versions unless they are listed on this page http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...00&itemid=5343 under the Bundled Plug-ins link.

EDIT: actually, the bundle on that page only applies to PT8. There are probably less bundled plug-ins with 7.4 since all the AIR stuff is new in PT8.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:32 PM

Wow. So I guess I have to leave it as that then huh? Now that I am browsing digidesign plugins, I see that practically all of then are very expensive. I am new to pro tools, and I never imagined; in my wildest dreams that the price I pay to purchase the system is only to get started. If you want worldclass sound quality, you have to invest into your equipment.So I have no other choice but to buy them.

Thank you guys for your input, I no longer need assistance with this matter.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:34 PM

I have Logged off