Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2013, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Singtall amp mods superpack!

i have been getting a lot of email lately, people asking if i'm still doing the superpack.....yes, i am, it's my part-time job nowadays.

for you guys that have the superpack, re-download it from time to time because i am constantly adding new presets to the pack.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:37 PM

Ross - it's an amazing collection. I have a whole new 11R. If you haven't donated & got them you're missing a masterpiece of presets... You're my hero Ross!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:59 AM

He's supercool as well !!! I'm finding new uses all the time !!!!
Thanks Singtall !!!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:28 PM

thanks guys.

i'm adding new presets all of the time, so check back often (at least once a month). many guys have been paying for artist presets, and pretty much all of them have agreed to make their custom presets part of the superpack. i'd like to thank those guys on behalf of everyone. those guys paid an engineer for studio time, then gave away the presets made for them to everyone who ever bought the superpack. some great guys for sure.

on another forum, one superpack owner made a donation for a kid just starting out. i thought that was ultra cool of him to do that for someone he doesn't even know.

i'm working on some new presets to go in the superpack (that all previous donors can download). any suggestions for new presets?
Old 03-17-2013, 02:02 PM

just sent my 2c,cant wait to try them all!great job,im abusing singtal krunch right now...
Old 03-17-2013, 02:24 PM

wow just recieved so fast!
i may suggest to add some brian may presets and some uli jon roth,altough i noticed a michael shenker preset!thats great :)
on top of that i imagine the paid custom tone must be somewhat better than a regular preset,so how to know which one in the pack are paid custom tones?
Old 03-17-2013, 03:47 PM

paid presets are made to work with the users guitar and sound exactly like the target tone. there are some presets that are dead on, but may not sound like it because your guitar is too different from the one used to make the preset. it should still be in the right neighborhood though.

you will also find some presets have 5-10 or more versions. that happens when a user spends more money and wants something to work with his guitar, but he can't send me a dry guitar track to work with. i end up making several versions of the same preset using several amp models in hopes of finding one that works for him.

one thing i suggest is that you make a folder for your favorites and copy some presets that you like and put them in there. you may want to rename some of them for various reasons, like: let's say you open the Michael Schenker preset and play around and find that it actually sounds more like Ratt with your guitar....save it as Ratt.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:01 PM

just added presets based on Queen - "We Are The Champions"

look for Brain May crunch and Brain May lead presets in the artist folder.

download the singtall updates.zip folder again.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:00 PM

added "Sails of Charon" preset. i used a strat/neck single coil for tone. Uli uses a weird guitar and it's hard to nail down his tone because his pickups are not in the usual spot it seems.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:30 PM

god i destroyed my fingers trying the presets and now i cant play 4 a couple of day :)
in your experience,your presets work well with no cab emulation into a real power amp/cab or must be tweaked a lot?