Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2010, 04:50 PM

Default Driver Conflict ProFire 2626 and Project Mix

Hi:

I primarily use my Project Mix to track most things, but I have acquired 2 Profire 2626's so I can track drums and percussion over 16 tracks.

BUT there is a driver conflict. I can't have both Project Mix and ProFire 2626 drivers installed without losing the Project Mix.

I really don't want to have to swap out drivers every time I record on the ProFire's - Has this issue been resolved yet?

Thanks

Danny
Old 10-06-2010, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Driver Conflict ProFire 2626 and Project Mix

Pro Tools LE/M-Powered supports only one Interface and up to 18 I/Os as far as I know. You can use the driver for your Project Mix and connect one ProFire using the Adat I/O, or instead use the Profire driver and connect the two Profire units via Adat. Both setups get you 16 I/Os, additional 2 if using the first S/PDIF of the setup with a separate preamp with digital out for example.

If you would like to switch between the drivers I would suggest making a copy of your system to another partition so you have two separate os-installations with the two different drivers. You will have to select the driver/installation at boot time and reboot if you want to switch, but at least it saves you from reinstalling drivers everytime you want to change your setup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppler58 View Post
Hi:

I primarily use my Project Mix to track most things, but I have acquired 2 Profire 2626's so I can track drums and percussion over 16 tracks.

BUT there is a driver conflict. I can't have both Project Mix and ProFire 2626 drivers installed without losing the Project Mix.

I really don't want to have to swap out drivers every time I record on the ProFire's - Has this issue been resolved yet?

Thanks

Danny