Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Training
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2015, 08:41 AM

Default Any help? Need to write an essay about the way an album was produced.

I procrastinated. I admit it. I have to write an essay about a cd (Alanis Morissette, Under Rug Swept.) I need to describe the way it was produced. EQ, etc. I need help. Lol.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Any help?

I can't tell the scope of the assignment, so it either involves critical listening or searching for hard info on how things were produced.

If it's about your impression of how things were produced, go buy the album and do some critical listening. If it's about finding specific info about the tools and processes, it's time to work out your Google-Fu.

Wikipedia is a good start to finding who did what, and links to further info. Look up the names along with the album to see if you can find interviews, liner notes, videos of production, etc. Check the external links, as they might contain relevant info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_R..._and_personnel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_R...External_links
Old 05-11-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
I can't tell the scope of the assignment, so it either involves critical listening or searching for hard info on how things were produced.

If it's about your impression of how things were produced, go buy the album and do some critical listening. If it's about finding specific info about the tools and processes, it's time to work out your Google-Fu.

Wikipedia is a good start to finding who did what, and links to further info. Look up the names along with the album to see if you can find interviews, liner notes, videos of production, etc. Check the external links, as they might contain relevant info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_R..._and_personnel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_R...External_links

I have the album and have listened to it a million times. Lol. I just need to write about the equalizing and stuff like that. Hard as hell.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachRenee View Post
I have the album and have listened to it a million times. Lol. I just need to write about the equalizing and stuff like that. Hard as hell.
And why do you have to do that? Are you planning to go to production school?
Old 05-11-2015, 03:24 PM

the only way will be to talk to the people involved and even them it was a long time ago so memories will be hazy

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig