Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2011, 04:21 PM

Default Focal CMS 50 for Post?

Anyone use these for television post? Thoughts?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Focal CMS 50 for Post?

We tried the slightly bigger Focal's in a stereo TV mix room a couple of years ago. They replaced Meyer HD-1's, and I wasn't thrilled with the Focal's. They are good, but it's a matter of taste. Stereo image was very tight, but something odd (hyped?) was happening in the high-mids that didn't feel as true and translatable coming from the (admittedly more expensive) HD-1's.

Ultimately the Focal's were replaced with Barefoots, and it was night and day. I fell in love with the cold honesty and astonishing spectrum of the Barefoots.

This is unfair, because the Focal's didn't stand a chance against the Barefoots for bass reproduction. So disregard my post.

Good luck.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Focal CMS 50 for Post?

Ha, thanks for the input. I've heard the Barefoots and they sure are nice but you definitely have to pay for it; I remember checking out the price and quickly looking away.