Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 01:33 PM

Default I need some advices ...

I have recorded a jazz session this week and on one track, by mistake, i have recorded a title on a 48 kHZ session with the Bigben let at 44,1 kHz. The protools system of the studio work with Digi192 clocked on a Bigben, and as you know the Bigben don't switch automatically its sample frequency with the protools session one. And during a pause, a client asked to the assistant to listen a cd and he normally switched the Bigben to 44,1 kHz and when i returned to the studio in order to record the last track of the album, i have forgotten to switch again the Bigben to 48 kHz. Shame on me !
Now, what are the solutions to resolve this problem ? Because i will mix this track on an other studio which don't have a external clock, i will play the track at a wrong speed !
The only way i know to resolve this thread is to record the playback of the track on this previous protools system through a new protools system clocked internally.
What are your advices ?
Regards and thanks to help me.
Julien.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:04 PM

Default Re: I need some advices ...

I know there is a way to change header information so an improperly recorded track plays back at the correct rate. Do a search on "Sound Hack" or "SoundHack" or "wrong speed" and "header" etc. You'll find it here on the DUC.

The thing is though, you may have many files to deal with - I don't know how extensive your punches or overdubs were. if these are complete takes, then you just need to change the files. if they are in snippets, you may need to consolidate them before attempting to change them. If all the tracks begin at the same time, keeping them in sync will be easy. importing many audio files with different start points may be difficult into a new session once the headers are changed - would the spot location relationships still be the same? I doubt it.

So if they are complete takes, or you don't mind consolidating before conversion, changing the headers should work for you.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: I need some advices ...

OK here goes... Let me see if I have this right, you have a 48khz sesssion that was clocked at 44.1khz. Try this
1, Open a new 44.1khz session and import the session data from the 48khz session into it including the audio files. Do not sample rate convert
2, Go to 'save copy in' in the file menu and save it as a 48khz session and all of your audio should be sample rate converted up to 48khz.
It has been a while since I've had to do this so I apologise if I've left out something.
HD Native PCIe
Apogee Symphony I/O
Avid HD I/O
192 I/O
Waves DLI
Apogee Mini Me
Mbox Micro