How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 07-01-2012, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Dly red in Pro Tools 10HD??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
Yeah so if it was over the ADC limit it would be red causing the DLY indicator to be Red??????? But this is not the case
Not necessarily. It is possible that a send (from a high latency track) to a bus somewhere could need even higher delay to compensate for your project. That is why you can have tracks that are orange that indicate the highest latency tracks, but the actual tracks that aren't getting compensated for the Delay compensation could have few plug-ins with low latency plug-ins but be Red since they are past the limits of your Delay Compensation.

But still, if you have all tracks showing and none of them are red, then the only cause for DLY to go Red would be a feedback loop which doesn't make sense with what you describe. What happens if you bypass the Delay Compensation on the Main Submix? (cntrl-click dly indicator at the bottom). Like you, I use high latency plug-ins on my main submix which can easily push me over the Delay Compensation limit. Therefore I will often bypass the Delay compensation on my master bus. As long as you are not summing out of other outputs and everything meets together at that Main Submix, you should not have any problems with bypassing your Delay compensation there.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 07-02-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
Not necessarily. It is possible that a send (from a high latency track) to a bus somewhere could need even higher delay to compensate for your project. That is why you can have tracks that are orange that indicate the highest latency tracks, but the actual tracks that aren't getting compensated for the Delay compensation could have few plug-ins with low latency plug-ins but be Red since they are past the limits of your Delay Compensation.

But still, if you have all tracks showing and none of them are red, then the only cause for DLY to go Red would be a feedback loop which doesn't make sense with what you describe. What happens if you bypass the Delay Compensation on the Main Submix? (cntrl-click dly indicator at the bottom). Like you, I use high latency plug-ins on my main submix which can easily push me over the Delay Compensation limit. Therefore I will often bypass the Delay compensation on my master bus. As long as you are not summing out of other outputs and everything meets together at that Main Submix, you should not have any problems with bypassing your Delay compensation there.
Hi have found that it is Slates VTM it has a latency of 2821 this seems very high to me maybe its a bug as its only just been released and they will sort this out or will i have to put up with this as its a native only plug?

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 07-02-2012, 11:55 AM

It's possible that it could be that high of latency. I know some complex native plug-ins have very high latency which is likely higher than that. For example, Waves DeBreath/Tune are ridiculously high as well as iZotope RX Denoiser.

With the detail that Slate has used to write the algorithm for that plug-in, I wouldn't be surprised if the latency is that big.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 07-02-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
It's possible that it could be that high of latency. I know some complex native plug-ins have very high latency which is likely higher than that. For example, Waves DeBreath/Tune are ridiculously high as well as iZotope RX Denoiser.

With the detail that Slate has used to write the algorithm for that plug-in, I wouldn't be surprised if the latency is that big.
I've turned the buffer down to 256 and the red DLY has gone now so I take it I'll have to work at this level but I don't think it will be a prob

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 10-06-2014, 11:23 AM

I'm having this issue as well..... researching now.