Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-23-2003, 11:05 AM

Default OT - any of you guys tried thy Tape Op forum?

I have been checking it out a lot lately. Its a lot more "open" than the beloved DUC, a little looser and laid back if you catch my drift. You dont have to worry so much about your topics and language and what you say and the fear of getting Digi mad at you... (which I seem to be prone to doing ).It doesnt have quite the community spirit as the DUC, but it is not near as brutal and rude as the PSW "S*** brigade".
Nice forum, great magazine... worth a look-see.
Not dissing my home, the grand old DUC, but the Tape Op forum is pretty cool too...
and you get a free magazine too
Old 10-23-2003, 07:43 PM

Default Re: OT - any of you guys tried thy Tape Op forum?

Yea. Cheked it out. Cool!

July

MP3's
Old 10-23-2003, 09:46 PM

TapeOp rocks. Great magazine, great forum. Between this DUC, the TapeOp forum and some hands-on enthusiasm for recording, there's nothing you can't learn. Simply beautiful...
Old 10-24-2003, 09:46 AM

Quote:
...but it is not near as brutal and rude as the PSW "S*** brigade".
Oh I don't know. I kind of enjoy the sickness that is the S**t Brigade. There is a lot to learn from those guys. They are the real deal. But asking if your 'Behringer mixer thru your 001, then mastered with Waves plug ins is just as good as using a TDM, RADAR, or Studer thru Neve' is not what that forum is about. Like most forums they have a few 'simple rules' & asking silly question in the wrong forum get brutally flamed (sometimes that happens in here), but they also call 'big' people on their s**t (like Erik from BF & hi poor business skills). The info. available is honest, opinionanted, & incredibly useful. Oh and some PSW regulars are also on the Tape Op forum.
Old 10-24-2003, 12:16 PM

Yea the PSW guys are ok once you get to know them... but boy they can get you if you are new there. A few of those guys are actually really cool, but you're right: dont start off asking a dumb***** question or they will roll you really good .