Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2010, 04:44 PM

Default aurora 16 errors

Hello,
I just recived my Aurora 16 hd1 bundle.
I'm having a few problems.
1. the install freezes at "creative collections" giving me the error creative collections returnd an error.

My second problem is I get the error "unable to locate digidesign hardware" when I start up protools.

THere is a chance that the aurora LT-hd card is faulty but I'm not certain.
Am I missing something?
another question. Are there stero drivers for the Aurora so I can use the converter with winamp or media player
All help is greatly apreciated
Old 03-23-2010, 06:26 PM

Default Re: aurora 16 errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie55 View Post
Hello,
1. the install freezes at "creative collections" giving me the error creative collections returnd an error.
This indicates to me a bad physical disk. There seems to be a bad batch out there. I would try a download from your MyDigi account or create an ISO image of your current disk and try mounting it to do an install.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 03-23-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Hello,

My second problem is I get the error "unable to locate digidesign hardware" when I start up protools.

THere is a chance that the aurora LT-hd card is faulty but I'm not certain.
Am I missing something?
another question. Are there stero drivers for the Aurora so I can use the converter with winamp or media player
All help is greatly apreciated
Like Shane says, problem #1 is probably a bad install disk. Problem #2 might be related, as it looks like the drivers might not have installed correctly.

The Aurora will work just like a Digidesign interface, and use the same drivers. So to answer your question, the Aurora should work fine for media player and winamp. Just configure it the same as you would a Digidesign interface (Control panel, sounds, change to Digidesign 1&2 for playback).

I hope you get it going soon so you can enjoy recording and listening through the Aurora. I absolutely love it!!!

Oh yeah, and if you're only using the one interface (Aurora) on the core card, be sure to set it up in Advanced Routing mode (32 channel mode). It will show up in the i/o of Pro Tools as 2 Digi 192's.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:40 AM

Thanks for the replys.
I visited my digi but couldn't figure out how to download Protools 8 hd.A little help please.
SOmething I forgot to mention is early in the installation it says to connect the hardaware and press ok. Since the hardware is connected I press ok and continue with the installation.
The Aurora is not showing up in the device manager.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:38 AM

I tried to install 8.0.3 but it froze at "installing hardware"
THen I tried installing cs1 but still have the same problem. CAn't find hardware.
SOmethoing I noticed is in the screen where you can select what to install there is no option to install digi drivers. This is different than LE and Mpowered that i've used
Does the aroura have to be on the proper setting? If so what is it.
Is it possible to install just the digi drivers?
I already had to cancil a session so I really want to get this to work asap.
Thanks for everyones help
Old 03-24-2010, 07:53 AM

I performed a digi test. Here's what it says under slot info..."PCI card information not supported by this card"
I'm using a asus k8ndl motherboard with 2 opteron cpus. THe hd card is installed in the bottom slot.
I downloaded the stand alone driver and installed it but the interface still doesn't show up in the device manager. During instalation it asks me to connect the hardare and turn on interface. Since it's connected and turned on I press ok.
Also in add remove programs there are no hd drivers listed
I'm having a hard time finding the multi channel driver for the Aurora. Is it available as a seperate download? If so where could I find it
Old 03-24-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
I tried to install 8.0.3 but it froze at "installing hardware"
THen I tried installing cs1 but still have the same problem. CAn't find hardware.
SOmethoing I noticed is in the screen where you can select what to install there is no option to install digi drivers. This is different than LE and Mpowered that i've used
Does the aroura have to be on the proper setting? If so what is it.
Is it possible to install just the digi drivers?
I already had to cancil a session so I really want to get this to work asap.
Thanks for everyones help
You might try giving Lynx a call. They have very good support. There's also a FAQ on their website if you haven't checked it out yet.

Did you buy the Aurora used? Is the LTHD card installed properly? Maybe double check, and go through the install instructions one more time. Check the jumper and check that the multi pin connector is installed properly.

You might need to do a firmware update to the Aurora. The LTHD user manual gives instructions to determine and update the firmware version.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:25 AM

thanks so much for your help. Really apreciated.
Is it possible to download protools 8 from digi. I think my install dvd is messed up