Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2010, 11:53 AM

Default help with 64bit win7 install

OK, so I just installed win7 64bit on my i7 computer. It is a fresh install, and I also put on the current win7 updates. I downloaded and installed quicktime, as well as the pace drivers. Then I installed protools 8.0.3, making sure the 003 was not plugged in. When it asked to plug it in, I just left it unplugged. Once the install was complete I restarted the computer, than I uninstalled the audio drivers, and installed the 8.0.4 64 bit drivers. It never asked me to plug in the 003 when I did this.

When I try to open protools, it loads up the plugins (which takes a couple of minutes), and as soon as it is done doing that, I get a blue error screen and the computer restarts.

As far as I know, this is exactly how it says to do it on the digi instructions.

Also, now when I open Reaper (which I installed afterwards), I can select an ASIO driver, but it says it is a driver for Eleven (I don't remember exactly what it says since I am not at the studio computer right now), and doesn't say 003, but in the windows device manager, it lists it as 003.

So, did I do something wrong, or is this just a fluke? My next step was going to be uninstalling everything, installing Pt8, than installing the 8.0.3 update, then installing the 8.0.4 drivers.

Also, if I just wanted to get the proper drivers to use the 003 with Reaper, but didn't care about using ProTools right away, is there something special I need to do?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:58 AM

Default Re: help with 64bit win7 install

man...that just doesn't sound right to me can you post a link to the instructions you followed??

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 06-10-2010, 12:04 PM

What is the driver for your firewire port, are you using the on board firewire, is this Texas instrument or a Pci firewire card better if texas instrument
go to device manager/bus controllerIEEE1394 update the driver /choose from a list; and select Texas instrument if available.
In the device manager still go to sound game controllers adn select Digi 003 update the driver youll find 3 or some try selecting differents one could be 8.0.4 or switch whith the others, reboot, should work
if not, see for firewire port card could be SIIG
I7 950
RAM 24Gb corsair 1600 (3 sticks)
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 06-10-2010, 12:32 PM

Ooh, good point about the firewire. The onboard firewire worked fine for me with XP, but I didn't think about checking those drivers at all. I may put back in my firewire card and see if that makes a difference after I check the drivers.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markblasco View Post
OK, so I just installed win7 64bit on my i7 computer. It is a fresh install, and I also put on the current win7 updates. I downloaded and installed quicktime, as well as the pace drivers. Then I installed protools 8.0.3, making sure the 003 was not plugged in. When it asked to plug it in, I just left it unplugged. Once the install was complete I restarted the computer, than I uninstalled the audio drivers, and installed the 8.0.4 64 bit drivers. It never asked me to plug in the 003 when I did this.

When I try to open protools, it loads up the plugins (which takes a couple of minutes), and as soon as it is done doing that, I get a blue error screen and the computer restarts.

As far as I know, this is exactly how it says to do it on the digi instructions.

Also, now when I open Reaper (which I installed afterwards), I can select an ASIO driver, but it says it is a driver for Eleven (I don't remember exactly what it says since I am not at the studio computer right now), and doesn't say 003, but in the windows device manager, it lists it as 003.

So, did I do something wrong, or is this just a fluke? My next step was going to be uninstalling everything, installing Pt8, than installing the 8.0.3 update, then installing the 8.0.4 drivers.

Also, if I just wanted to get the proper drivers to use the 003 with Reaper, but didn't care about using ProTools right away, is there something special I need to do?
go to device manager,(got to start menu right click on computer, select manage)open the IEEE drop menu, right click on the ieee controller, select update driver, select brows my computer for software, let me pick, choose the LEGACY driver, press next and there ya go. Youl have to do this for any IEEE controller you want to use with the 003.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markblasco View Post
Ooh, good point about the firewire. The onboard firewire worked fine for me with XP, but I didn't think about checking those drivers at all. I may put back in my firewire card and see if that makes a difference after I check the drivers.
Look in xp i had Via firewire working perfect but in win 7 got problems so I changed for a SIIG with Texas and all was fine
see that.
I7 950
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 06-10-2010, 08:04 PM

I installed Win7 64 Bit just recently and the steps you used were correct. I recommend installing EVERYTHING as an Admin, and turning off UAC.

Also if you go to Control Panel / System / Advanced System Settings
Then Startup and Recovery / Settings
Turn off the "Automatic Restart" on System Failure

That way when you get a BlueScreen your PC won't reboot. You will be able to write down the error code and perform a search on that error code online to find the root cause of the problem.

I must say keep at it. Using Win7 64 Bit with 8GB's of RAM has been the 1st time in my life I have been able to use PT without any problems or errors.
ProTools LE 10 on Windows 7 64 Bit
Old 06-10-2010, 08:52 PM

And in the announcement for 8.0.4 HD the included following text may bring some hope... "8.0.4 for Pro Tools LE and M-Powered is coming soon…"

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-10-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
And in the announcement for 8.0.4 HD the included following text may bring some hope... "8.0.4 for Pro Tools LE and M-Powered is coming soon…"
. What difference with the 8.04 b?
Is not only a driver or a full update? But still BETA!? how long it remains the same, hope really works.
I7 950
9-9-9-24
MAC
MacBookPro i7 2,3 15"
RAM 16gb
PT 11.3
003 Rack
MBox 3 Pro
Old 06-10-2010, 10:35 PM

TriAxis, I did turn off UAC, as well as something else, which I don't remember right now. How do you install everything as an administrator? I only have one user account, so does it matter? I will have to check out the reset settings to help troubleshoot problems in the future.

I changed the firewire drivers to legacy, and that allowed protools to boot, although it wouldn't play and caused the 003 to freak out. I then added back in the firewire card that I had (which was one of the digi approved ones), and changed the drivers for both firewire entries to legacy. I also had to change the 003 driver to 8.0.4 again. Now Protools runs and plays (although I haven't done any extensive testing).

Reaper also now sees the 003. Unfortunately, every time I go into the ASIO settings page (where you can adjust the buffer and external/internal sync), it locks up. When I close reaper and open it back up, any changes I made are saved. It even locks up if I don't make any changes, just open that window in the preferences and close it again. This means I won't be able to change the buffer in the middle of a session, I'll have to save everything, change the buffer which will make it freeze up, and then open the session again. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I also haven't run any audio through Reaper yet, so that is a test for this weekend when I start loading up the adobe stuff and all of the virtual instruments.