Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 11-14-2004, 09:23 PM

Default Serious Question For All Top Engineers

I have a very serious Question For All Top Engineers

I’m working with the Motif ES7 and MPC 2000 Recording into Protools digit 002 96K

How important is it for each sound to have their own track? Meaning why must we break down each instruments and record them to each track and then mix those tracks?
Instead can’t we just have a Stereo Track for the Drums, Stereo Track for the Music?

Here is why I ask, sometimes I have that sound that I like coming from my MPC 2000
And My Motif ES7 into my Protools digi 002 I feel that my levels are good. Also as soon as I break those tracks apart the sound changes because each sound now as it own track. Then I feel I have to build back on what I just had sounding the way I like it.

Be true I need lots of different opinions about this. I believe this is a good subject.
Why I believe this is because Check This out. When we all go to Guitar Center or etc to buy our product. The first think they tell us, yes, you could Mix inside of the Motif Is that True? Yes you could Mix inside of the MPC2000 True Yes it is. Etc. So why waist all this time breaking down tracks if you have a good sound?

Why Why Why Why Because Maybe you have to re-record if the snare is to low or too loud? So what isn’t that’s why they made Sync tone. So you could go back
Old 11-14-2004, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Serious Question For All Top Engineers

There's no rule saying you must split the drum mix.. if you're happy with it and don't think you'll need to EQ, affect or adjust the level of each element separately.. print the stereo drum mix.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••